Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Fleur De Guerre said:
Don't know if mine counts as a vintage costume exactly, but I was wearing my repro 40s overalls and brown wedges and had vintage hair, so it is a vintage (and female!) spin on the character I was portraying!

n606346367_2019300_8766.jpg

lol

Fleur, you look fabulous! Did you have a Luigi?

I'm filled with intense lust towards your overalls!

Doh!

One Too Many
It's been 19 years, so I thought I'd trot out my Joker costume again. My late mother made me the tails back in 1989 when the Nicholson movie came out. I got some kudos at work for being the old school Joker instead of the Ledger one.

The hat took me the longest time: it started life as a white, wool zoot suit hat. Thank God for RIT dyes!

Jokerfull.jpg

just_me

Practically Family
I went to a Pimp and Ho party. You can't tell in the pictures, but I'm wearing bell bottoms and platform shoes. :D I'm wearing a vintage cape in the second picture. The fedora is mine.

pimp1.jpg
pimp2.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
We had a costume contest at work, and I went in my (repro) WWII RAF tropical uniform. Once I got home from work, trick-or-treating was well underway in my neighbourhood and I didn't have time to change. I overheard several kids say, "Look, that cop is giving out candy!"
KilroyRAF.jpg

Rachael

A-List Customer
l_cb33c225f7cd4537a933834b49f20171.jpg

Our Addams Family Fete du Macabre. Lurch was my nephew in drywall stilts, and we did have two people attend as thing. A good time (and many a martini) was had by all

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
KilroyCD said:
We had a costume contest at work, and I went in my (repro) WWII RAF tropical uniform. Once I got home from work, trick-or-treating was well underway in my neighbourhood and I didn't have time to change. I overheard several kids say, "Look, that cop is giving out candy!"

Hahaha lol

Fleur - You look wonderful - even with the moustache!

Disregard my contorted face, but I was an astronaut borrowing someone's hat:
l_8d0e7c9a78894eabb5b310eac2a500ea.jpg

I was working the haunted tram at the zoo, which explains the nametag.

ET

One of the Regulars
Denny Crane. Mad Cow. Big Cigar. Great hat. Pretty much my work outfit with the addition of the cigar. Ah well, got home 3 hours late from work and had to improvise quickly.

sherri bomb

New in Town
halloween pics

It's been a few years since we last dressed up. I was soo excited and I couldn't wait to share!
Me and the bf...it was our first time dressing completely vintage...

The bf was a ww2 EM ( authentic Summer tropical uniform) and I was (obviously) his gal.

DSC00738-1.jpg

DSC00748-1.jpg

DSC00749-1.jpg

DSC00752-1-1.jpg

I hope the pics aren't too big. sorry in advance.

I can't wait til NEXT Halloween!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Fleur De Guerre said:
Don't know if mine counts as a vintage costume exactly, but I was wearing my repro 40s overalls and brown wedges and had vintage hair, so it is a vintage (and female!) spin on the character I was portraying!

n606346367_2019300_8766.jpg

lol

Jerry Collona?????

Odalisque

A-List Customer
So, here are a few pictures of my Tattoo'd lady costume. My hair was finger-waved but fell quite a bit during the night. Luckily, that's all the fell! ;)
lounge014-1-1-1.jpg

Me and the Bearded Lady
lounge013-1-1.jpg

jayem

A-List Customer
marie.jpg

marie1.jpg

marie2.jpg

My costume was amazing, I must admit! It was my 21st birthday as well, so of course I went all out. For those of you who don't get it, I'm Marie Antoinette post-decapitation.

Edward

Bartender
Dinerman:

Nice! Rorschach is still on my 'must do' list... Love the hat, the proportions look absolutely spot on!

Paddy:

Bit more of an explosion on Saturday night!:

Uploaded2Nov08035.jpg
Uploaded2Nov08079.jpg

Friday night, Hallowe'en itself, I went out as a Baseball Fury from The Warriors:

Uploaded2Nov08025.jpg
Uploaded2Nov08026.jpg

Uploaded2Nov08027.jpg

More folks recognised it than I expected! I'd like to figure out something a bit more "true-vintage" next year, we'll see. Maybe I'll dig out Claude Raines again! :)

texasgirl

One Too Many
PADDY said:
Michelle and Slim - just absolutely marvellous photos!! :eusa_clap The Mad Men pic really needs to also go into the Mad Men thread as it's just 'soooo good!! ;) ' And Slim wouldn't look out of place strolling along the wooden decks of that beautiful lady as she steamed out of Southampton Docks. What a GREAT showing!!

Thanks so much Paddy :)

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Odalisque said:
So, here are a few pictures of my Tattoo'd lady costume. My hair was finger-waved but fell quite a bit during the night. Luckily, that's all the fell! ;)
lounge014-1-1-1.jpg

Weak in my knees. Sexy tattooed lady alarms going off! :eusa_clap

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
sherri bomb said:
It's been a few years since we last dressed up. I was soo excited and I couldn't wait to share!
Me and the bf...it was our first time dressing completely vintage...

The bf was a ww2 EM ( authentic Summer tropical uniform) and I was (obviously) his gal.
DSC00749-1.jpg

Well, hello Miss Grable! Gotta love perfectly straight stocking seams. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy