Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Flasher! You have a long over coat? A pair of walking shorts? One pair of cheap red tennis shoes? You can wear a fedora with this, or a knit watch cap... Fix up a long tube sock, just one...stretch it so that it is longer and stuff it with some foam, or newspaper, attach two small xmas tree ornaments and the tube sock on the front of a pair of shorts....tuck it all in against you so that when you open the long over coat, it sort of flops out...be careful whom you flash the coat open around...but you could have some fun with it.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I will be going for a classic pirate costume. I have a great custom felted pirate hat, coat and boots, just need to add some some final touches and I think I will have a great outfit.

Edward

Bartender
Not sure this year, as I don't have anything planned yet for that weekend. I was just out on Saturday there as a zombie, though, it being world Zombie Day. Zombies are very easy - you just need some old clothes you don't mind getting covered in fake blood (I have a dedicated zombie wardrobe, though if you have a machine-washable outfit and use a good-quality stage blood, it washes right out). I've done a zombie in full black tie, in pjs and dressing gown, in office wear and most recently bursting out of a straitjacket. The fun thing with zombies is that you can be an undead version of literally anything, which really opens up the field if you want to give it a bit of back story. Plenty of online tutorials available for the make-up too. I prefer to go green-toned (more Zombie Lake than Dawn of the Dead), but there are as many different interpretations as you like. You can get away with fairly minimal make-up if you go for a fresh zombie just on the turn...

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I was admiring your photos on FB, rather a splendid effort well done!

I have two default halloween outfits, Cruella de ville, as i have the wig and a faux dalmation coat, the rest is pretty much my current wardrobe. I also have a Carmen Miranda outfit. Actually i am going to a fancy dress party, so a zombie Carmen Miranda? Or is that a step too far....?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

I am going to just repeat wearing what I did today....and can be a bank robber for Halloween. It will work for me....and just think of all the extra candy I can get....! lol!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I don't know what type of look you are preferring, but I always thought a gentleman in a tux (or a black suit and tie) with a half-mask was extremely appealing. Ok, maybe not the exact mask this guy below has on (the Stork Club, 1941), but you get the idea. Reminds me of the party scenes in old movies where something mysterious, murderous or romantic always happens.

page-114-115.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Gangster always works for me.

Same here. I've done that one year with my wool Jaxon c-crown. I think I can also do a non-screen accurate Indiana Jones type of look. Or at least, look like a World War II Navy aviator with my G-1 jacket and khakis. I think I could also pull a Mad Men extra kind of look.

Last edited:

dnjan

One Too Many
I will be going for a classic pirate costume. I have a great custom felted pirate hat, coat and boots, just need to add some some final touches and I think I will have a great outfit.
Like a decent naval cutlass?

I like to build costumes around swords. In the past I have gone as the older d'Artgnan (have a rapier with a nicely-filagreed hilt),
and this year I acquired a civil war replica sabre and am working on a civil war officer costume.

Future plans are for a ba***rd sword, to be accompanied by chainmail, etc. for a knight outfit.

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
I had a teacher who dressed up as a "commie zombie". It was very amusing, as all oh his clothes were actual Soviet Russia officer's clothes.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
393618_dt.jpg

I bought this ventriloquist dummy mask last year, and will wear it again this year.

One of these years I am going to Frankenstein two halves of a vintage suit together and be Golden Era Two-Face from Batman!
Spot6.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I love to DJ on Halloween, or as close to as possible...

Last year, I did the 'zombie rodeo champ' thing, that's my DJ pard Craig on the left, as some kinda alien:

73983_491629586671_546196671_6944182_5986040_n.jpg

And the year before, it was 'undead biker'...

11863_319870035470_725635470_9439158_2700283_n.jpg

This year, I'm gonna go as one of the victims of the 'zoot suit' riots but am slightly fearful of getting fake blood and/or beer on my cloes... here's the poster for our night, any FLers in the area would be more than welcome!

293513_10150773126680471_725635470_20482226_3880692_n.jpg

13 Halloween Costumes You'll See at Every Party

1. The Annoying Couple
2. The Scary Mask Guy
3. The Jersey Shore
4. The Pop Star
5. The Commercial Spokesman
6. The Topical News Story
7. The Play on Word Nerd
8. The Brooding Vampire
9. The Sexy Whatever Chick
10. The Internet Sensation
11. Any Excuse to Go Shirtless Guy
12. The Scandalous Celebrity
13. The Blockbuster Film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsgyzu1UNno&feature=related

rue

13 Halloween Costumes You'll See at Every Party

1. The Annoying Couple
2. The Scary Mask Guy
3. The Jersey Shore
4. The Pop Star
5. The Commercial Spokesman
6. The Topical News Story
7. The Play on Word Nerd
8. The Brooding Vampire
9. The Sexy Whatever Chick
10. The Internet Sensation
11. Any Excuse to Go Shirtless Guy
12. The Scandalous Celebrity
13. The Blockbuster Film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsgyzu1UNno&feature=related

:rofl:

rue

I don't think I'm dressing up this year, but I usually go as some sort of witch, dead person or my favorite a vampire... think Interview With The Vampire or Mina from Bram Stoker's Dracula . For a man I always thought Gary Oldman's costume in this scene was perfect.

Just don't buy those stupid plastic vampire teeth. You can get the kind that cement in for pretty cheap and they look real.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran