Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

dnjan

One Too Many
I have dressed up to hand out candy the past few years, but am out-of-town for this Halloween. I am trying to convince my wife that there is precedent - she MUST dress up.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am going as The Man in Black Himself, The Dread Pirate Roberts (Westley). I just ordered the shirt, and found the mask and boots at home. Just need to borrow a couple scarves and I am set (unfortunately no sword, either on campus or in my neighborhood. That would be asking for trouble.) Now to grow facial hair for a coupe weeks to get the dinky mustache he has in the movie.

MisterGrey

Practically Family
Not vintage, but I did make this myself-- a screen accurate hockey mask from one of the Friday the 13ths. It began life as a transparent plastic mold; I took it from there. I'll have pics of the whole outfit later, but I'm pretty proud of this:

314620_10150821312970092_613185091_20956250_681525565_n.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I noticed V.C. that pirate was not on there, that's a blooming outrage! Pirate used to be the most common costume around now what? I'm bringing it back I tell you, I am bringing it back.

I'm also posting photos of the costume pieces as they come along. Stay tuned.

At Yeps:
I just find wearing a mask so dreafully comfortable... I suspect everyone will be wearing them in the future.

Last edited:

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Jake Blues. I am fat like Belushi, I have the correct skinny lapel suit, black Stetson stingy, tie, everything. Even a digital watch, broken. And my ray bans fit nicely over my regular glasses.

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
My girlfriend insisted that we dress in some theme, and for a lack of 40's clothing, or a knowledge of that era, she scrapped that idea in a hurry... Now I'm doomed to finding skinny jeans in some lame excuse of a punk rocker... I hope I have some solid tight Tshirts... And that my hair paste/gel is still soft... And that I can find my Converse (which are never far away). Not thrilled with this, but hey, I have a gf...

rue

My girlfriend insisted that we dress in some theme, and for a lack of 40's clothing, or a knowledge of that era, she scrapped that idea in a hurry... Now I'm doomed to finding skinny jeans in some lame excuse of a punk rocker... I hope I have some solid tight Tshirts... And that my hair paste/gel is still soft... And that I can find my Converse (which are never far away). Not thrilled with this, but hey, I have a gf...

Do you have a Hot Topic near you? They sell pants like that.

MB5

One of the Regulars
I am doing an armor variant of the young Kevin Flynn outfit from Tron Legacy.

Here's the jacket.
jacket-finished.jpg

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
Unfortunately, no, they all closed around here about the time I actually might think about being fashionable. So, I think there's an Old Navy and Rue 21 not too far from here. I'll probably hit them and thrift stores this weekend.

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
Yeah, it won't be hard to make her happy with this one. I MIGHT even let her do some dark eye make-up on me, just for the full-blown 90's punker effect... I kinda wanna do the short-sleeve black button down and black skinny tie with skinny jeans and cons... I probably wouldn't look too bad it that anyway...

Edward

Bartender
Not vintage, but I did make this myself-- a screen accurate hockey mask from one of the Friday the 13ths. It began life as a transparent plastic mold; I took it from there. I'll have pics of the whole outfit later, but I'm pretty proud of this:

314620_10150821312970092_613185091_20956250_681525565_n.jpg

Very nice! Are you going to do some prosthetics under the mask? The other, similar, one I've considered sometime is Michael Myers....

Jake Blues. I am fat like Belushi, I have the correct skinny lapel suit, black Stetson stingy, tie, everything. Even a digital watch, broken. And my ray bans fit nicely over my regular glasses.

Tortoiseshell Wayfarers, of course, right? ;)

It's an easy option. If you have a Brando style leather jacket, buy a cheap, long black wig and a pair of cheap rose-tinted sunglasses, pair with skinny jeans and Chuck Taylor style shoes - instant Joey Ramone.

Alternatively, black drainpipes, engineer boots and a couple of other bits can easily do you the iconic Sid Vicious look from the 'My Way' sequence of The Great rock and Roll Swindle:

5908be34.jpg
4459c2e9.jpg

Well... I know it sounds silly, but if you buy women's black skinny jeans in your size you might find something :)

Eh..... not a good idea to cross dress on drainpipes. The ladies' version are cut for, well, ladies. This is why you see hipster boys wearing them round their knees, looking for all the world like hip hop kids whose jeans shrunk in the wash.

Edward

Bartender
I'm going more along the lines of Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong. Also very easy, I have everything but the skinny tie and jeans.

Ah, yes. Make sure you do the eyeliner, then - that's very much a signature part of his look. Black nail polish, too.

Edward... I have to say... you look much better without hair ;) Great costume!

Heh. Thanks - I think I still had a number one in those days, that was about a year pre-full headshave (in the photo, it is, of course, a wig). That was taken at a friend's 30th; the girl I was seeing at the time was originally to go as Nancy Spungen, but couldn't get the time off work.

rue

Ah, yes. Make sure you do the eyeliner, then - that's very much a signature part of his look. Black nail polish, too.

Heh. Thanks - I think I still had a number one in those days, that was about a year pre-full headshave (in the photo, it is, of course, a wig). That was taken at a friend's 30th; the girl I was seeing at the time was originally to go as Nancy Spungen, but couldn't get the time off work.

It was a wig?? ............. lol ....... Just kidding! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21