Halloween Costumes

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Phil, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Ah yes, Chinatown. :p

2. Fletch

Fletch I'll Lock Up

Either The Spirit...
    [​IMG]
    ...or a Gumby.
    [​IMG]

3. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Practically Family

Here's a shot of what we wore last nite! Horrible, eh? :D

[​IMG]

4. B.Hunt

B.Hunt New in Town

5. Fletch

Fletch I'll Lock Up

A Gumby

[​IMG]

6. coble

coble A-List Customer

red baron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

everything out of my own clothes, wearing a real aviator hat, my london fog coat, cargo pants, and military boots

7. Warlord of The Weejuns

Warlord of The Weejuns New in Town

One of my favorite costumes is to go as the Invisible Man. No that doesn't mean not showing up. I wrap an ace bandage around my head, trench coat, fedora, sunglasses and gloves. Sorry I don't have a picture.

8. Edward

Edward Bartender

Eh, nail varinish is easy. All you have to remember is to put a decent clear basecoat on first if you have nails that stain easy.

Sounds fun! :)

Just needs a brick!

That's always fun - I've pulled that out of the bag a number of times at various Rocky Horror events.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always a fun one, especially when people you know have no idea who it is.

9. chanteuseCarey

chanteuseCarey Call Me a Cab

Happy Hlloween fellow flers! I already did my Halloween dressing-up over the weekend. A quieter day today on the 31st for me, to recover!

Today at their H.S. my two teenagers are being Castle and Beckett from the TV show "Castle".

What we wore dancing Friday and Saturday nights:
    I'm a lady of the 1870-1880s; bewigged, corseted, and swathed in silk and english lace. Wearing my vintage Edwardian eyeglasses that had my prescription put in to.
    I made these pieces of my ensemble,- drawers, chemise, bustle pad, petticoat, underskirt, bodice
    the bustled overskirt was a bit complicated, so that I hired out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me with the Mr., his outfit is from Gentlemen's Emporium online
    [​IMG]

This shot edited to make it look like an antique picture! HA! We look just like an old time wedding couple here, don't we?:)
    [​IMG]

My two teens; I made my daughter's Regency gown, of gold silk dupioni with an orchid coloured embroidered and bejeweled overlay. She borrowed my vintage gloves. Son's regency jacket borrowed from a theater costumer friend. I made his neckerchief.
    Oops, my son forgot his neckerchief on Saturday.
    [​IMG]
    oh there it is!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  10. Argee

Argee One of the Regulars

John Steed and Emma Peel, at your service.

[​IMG]

11. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Hey, Matt, there she is.

Oh wait, she's not yours.

You want yours. ;)

12. Slim Portly

Slim Portly One Too Many

Greetings guys, gals, and ghouls. This was me at the office on Monday. Sadly there are no children to frighten where I live so I'm forced to scare my co-workers instead. The only part of the costume that I didn't make myself was the latex forehead and nose. All else is courtesy of the fabric store and Home Depot (think cardboard, fake fur, duct tape, and spray paint).

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

This was after two hours of sleep and wearing contact lenses for the second time in my life. It helps to be tired and cranky when one is a Klingon. Qapla'!

13. chanteuseCarey

BRAVO, SP!! :) :) :) You went above and beyond (once again) with this costume, Sir. Couldn't imagine how you would be able to top last year's- but you did!

14. Slim Portly

Slim Portly One Too Many

Thank you, madam. You look as ravishing as ever, and it's so good to see the young'uns looking so happy and healthy. Ok, I guess the Mr. looks good, too. ;)

15. chanteuseCarey

Thanks for the compliment, Baby. The two children have really grown in the last year, and not just physically. My son is so happy to be taller than his sister at last! My daughter is a Senior this year, her Senior picture came out so beautiful. Wow, it seemed such a short time ago that I was making her a little dress to wear to the first day of kindergarten... sigh. Yeah, my Tom is a handsome man, and I keep him smiling.

16. KingTigerII

KingTigerII New in Town

Went to Goodwill to buy a "Costume" for a 1920's Prohibition party.
    [​IMG]
    Got that instead.
    Actually the total was 35 bucks for Two pairs of modern slacks, a vintage matching grey vest and Jacket, White button up shirt, red checkered tie, two London fog Trench coats and an East German Enlisted man's Great Coat.

It looks like I have a hump but in the color photo you can see it is my Car Coat hanging from the back of the chair.

Goodwill has a 10% Student discount too :)

The host of the party got shnockered and decided to go to a bar down the street. He has a tab there....needless to say the Scotch and Whiskey I am so fond of was free to me that night (And apparently they are sipping drinks, my sips are more like gulps heh heh heh)!

17. Bugsy

Bugsy One Too Many

My Halloween costume. It was all quite elementary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Everyone had such great costumes!

Great picture of you! :)

19. Where's Watson?? ;)

20. Marcus

Marcus A-List Customer

Ok...I posted a few shots of my costume on a form, but here is the full effect with my son:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]