Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I make a hard cover book for her birthday each year with photos from the past year - sweet memories. She has five of the books so far, so this will go into her sixth birthday book. The book is her only present on her birthday (February 13th), with the rest of her presents being given at her party.

(We also eat birthday cake for breakfast, 'cause I'm that kind of mom! :D )

Her books:

20151002_071446-1_zpsyt0kqatj.jpg

Such an awesome idea!

⬆️ EW, agreed, but probably would be lost on most kids anyway.

It's interesting that you say that Halloween isn't really celebrated where you are as in the US the holiday has exploded in popularity over the last twenty-plus years. Whenever I think it is peaking, the next year just seems bigger. In the last five years or so, "pop-up" stores started opening a month or two before the holiday all over the city (that wasn't happening before). And these aren't little shops - I walked by one yesterday that was, at least, 1500 square feet filled with Halloween stuff and there are several like it within walking distance of my apartment.

So I guess it's popularity isn't a global thing - but it sure is a US thing.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Such an awesome idea!

Thanks! I use Shutterfly. They send out codes for a free book all the time, so I just pay shipping on then,which is less than $10. It takes me a couple weeks to make it because I choose everything - layout, photo position, background of the page, font size/color/style, but the result is an amazing product. She loves to look through them and have me tell her stories of when she was younger.

My two favorite page layouts from the book she got earlier this year:

lily%20book%201_zpsstcbharv.jpg

lily%20book%206_zpsskzxrqsk.jpg

Last edited:

theknight

New in Town
I really need to get my design happening asap! I usually dress as Shaun from Shaun of the Dead, seems to go down well as there's soooo many zombies! But I need to think of a different costume :D

Hercule

Practically Family
Hallowe'en has always been fun for us as we've made many of our son's costumes. In order from 3 weeks old to this year's costume he has been (a couple of years he's had two costumes):

A lobster (bought)
Rooster (bought)
Cowboy (home made - sewn vest)
Monkey (bought)
Traffic light (home made - gotta love duct tape, craft foam and press-on battery lights!)
Pez dispenser (home made - more duct tape and cardboard)
Ear of corn (home made, sewn)
Spaceman (home made )
Perry the Platypus (home made)
Lawn Gnome (home made)
Mariachi violinist (home made)
Gilligan (home made)

and this year he wants to be a fiddler crab. I'd better get sewin!

Sorry the other pics are too big to post.

Attachments

• 100_0801.jpg
    100_0801.jpg
    884 KB · Views: 279
  • 100_1698.jpg
    100_1698.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_2297.jpg
    100_2297.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 197

Forum statistics

Threads