Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hard Case Crime Novels

Wiseguy A

Anthony Mason and Douglas Smith of CBS visited with the publihers of the Hardcase Crime imprint to talk about the history of paperback crime novels and what they're doing in the Hard Case Crime line; they also spent some time talking with Stephen King and with legendary cover painter Robert McGinnis, who showed them around his studio.

The resulting story is scheduled to air on the "Sunday Morning" program on September 18th, 2005.

shamus

Suspended
Great idea.

Being a collector of the originals its nice to see people still want them.

But the first article called them dime novels. They were really 25 cents and then 35 cents. Dell did make a few 10 centers but they were little books like you find in the grocery store check out about diets or horoscopes.

The art work that I clicked on is not from the 50's, but the cheap, sleazy novels from the 60's. More Micky Spillane stuff, lot's of drinking, sex and crime.

I don't think they should reprint old stuff, but get a new breed of writers and start it off all over again.

my 10 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran