Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harold & Maude

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Saw it for the first time last night on TCM and I absolutely loved it!
How could it have taken me this long to have ever seen this movie?
It is a timeless & quirky film...and I look forward to seeing it again.

Anyone else have an opinion on this film? Yay or Nay for you?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067185/

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
"possession of a stolen shovel."

it definitely gets a "yay" from me! it's playing at a theater in my city this week, so this will be my 3rd time to see it on the big screen.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
thanks for reminding me, Jazzzbaby

I had someone take me to see this at the cinema as a retrospective.
I thoroughly enjoyed it and enjoyed seeing areas I recognized used in the movie. Great soundtrack, story and characters.:eusa_clap

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Bebop

Practically Family
Feraud said:
I have never seen this film. Should I? Convince me! :) ;)

If you are a fan of Ruth Gordon, (somehow I am very attracted to this lady)[huh] well laid out characters in movies and Cat Stevens music, you should check this movie out. I saw it at my local movie theater when it first came out and have seen it a million times since and it always provides me with some kind of calming experience :) . Can't really put my finger on it. I believe I identify with Harold a little too much. I think that is what makes a "cult hit".

Rafter

Suspended
Bebop said:
If you are a fan of Ruth Gordon, (somehow I am very attracted to this lady)[huh] well laid out characters in movies and Cat Stevens music, you should check this movie out.
I hated this film....and I am a fan of Ruth Gordon and George Segal.
She was just so annoying, and he was such an idiot...the whole film was really in bad taste.:(
Now Ruth Gordon "rocked" in Rosemary's baby!....and so did Mia Farrow.:eusa_clap
Gordon was even better in an episode of Taxi called "Sugar Mama". So funny.lol
George Segal's best film according to me, is "The Duchess & The Dirtwater Fox" with Goldie Hawn.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Rafter said:
She was just so annoying, and he was such an idiot...the whole film was really in bad taste.:(
Now Ruth Gordon "rocked" in Rosemary's baby!....and so did Mia Farrow.:eusa_clap
George Segal's best film according to me, is "The Duchess & The Dirtwater Fox" with Goldie Hawn.
George Segal wasn't even in Harold and Maude.
are you thinking of Where's Poppa?

Rafter

Suspended
Dinerman said:
George Segal wasn't even in Harold and Maude.
are you thinking of Where's Poppa?
That's right. I hated both of those pictures.:mad:
....Gordon's subpar performances in both flics just didn't measure up to the one she gave in Rosemary's Baby.

Bebop

Practically Family
Rafter said:
I recall annoying people in just about every movie I have ever seen and "such an idiot" is what makes some of the best movies.:D I think a lot of my favorite movies would be considered "in bad taste".;) Sounds like it at least gave you a strong feeling (hatred).:rage: I guess it depends on how you were feeling at the time of viewing the movie.[huh]

funneman

Practically Family
Love it!

I had the pleasure of working in an old style, orante movie theatre when this film was released. I watched it a least a dozen times on the big screen and got paid for the pleasure.

The scene where the Mom is having the formal conversation the in the house, while outside you can see the pyrotechnics taking place is a scream.

Highly recommened.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
my favorite scene would have to be when the mother is filling out the survey for the dating service for him.

has anyone noticed cat stevens' cameo in the outdoor funeral sequence? and the sassy little girl that follows maude out of the scene! so cute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart