Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone seen the new issue of GQ?

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
I’m not sure if this has been posted, but the new issue has a picture of one of our very own FL members (not me) in their “people on the street” section. I can’t remember what page; 34 or 35 I think, just after a little article on how the hat is making a comeback.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
There's a thread here that talks about the hats on page 30 of the new issue, so I looked when I was at Barnes and Noble this morning. I didn't look through the rest of the magaize though. Who is the GQ Lounger?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
MK said:
It seems to me some other men's magazine stated that a year ago....:rolleyes:

....except in a bigger, more in depth way.:cool:
Maybe they are reading that magazine for some ideas! Maybe they are getting nervous that the style they push is not the "classic style"lol

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

indycop said:
Maybe they are reading that magazine for some ideas! Maybe they are getting nervous that the style they push is not the "classic style"lol

Oh...I don't know. Just because "Return of the Hat" was our cover story a year ago....and that they have an fashion story with John Hamm....who was on our cover last issue....or that they show our member, Ray in their column.....

.....I am sure it is a complete coincidence.

Jovan

Suspended
May partly be, may not. More and more stars are being featured with their hats, like well known character actor Johnny Depp and former Monkee Micky Dolenz (who still has a tonne of style to go around). I'm sure that's helping at least a bit. :)

Now, I'll truly be shocked if they ever have a feature on belt back sport coats.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
MK said:
Oh...I don't know. Just because "Return of the Hat" was our cover story a year ago....and that they have an fashion story with John Hamm....who was on our cover last issue....or that they show our member, Ray in their column.....

.....I am sure it is a complete coincidence.

They say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I don't know about flattery, but maybe they are starting to realize what many of us already know: There is a BIG difference between fashion and STYLE. (Or, more likely, they are just trying to sell magazines and are taking notes from Classic Style.)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Jovan said:
May partly be, may not. More and more stars are being featured with their hats, like well known character actor Johnny Depp and former Monkee Micky Dolenz (who still has a tonne of style to go around). I'm sure that's helping at least a bit. :)

Now, I'll truly be shocked if they ever have a feature on belt back sport coats.

lol Well, at least he has a tonne of something.

It's not April 1 is it?

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
GQ is the highest selling men's magazine and I'm sure that they intend to stay there. The best remain the best by contantly monitoring and benchmarking the competition.

Marty M.

Vendor
Aha, now I know.

MK said:
It seems to me some other men's magazine stated that a year ago....:rolleyes:

....except in a bigger, more in depth way.:cool:

Hey, wait a second, I know what magazine you're referring to :eusa_doh: .
Marty Mathis

Jovan

Suspended
Tomasso said:
:eek:fftopic: He's a lead actor.;)
Yes, he is often a lead actor, but he's millions of times more versatile than many movie stars today. A great director once said, "An actor is someone who pretends to be someone else. They change everything about themself to become that person. A movie star is someone who pretends that someone else is them." ;)

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
In that same issue did anyone catch their brief article on three piece suits and the way they should fit. It seems to go against what is recommended on this board and others. For example it said that the vest should not extend past the belt and the pants should rest on the hips. Can't say I agree with their advice on that.

Feraud

Bartender
Bama Mike said:
In that same issue did anyone catch their brief article on three piece suits and the way they should fit. It seems to go against what is recommended on this board and others. For example it said that the vest should not extend past the belt and the pants should rest on the hips. Can't say I agree with their advice on that.

Most around here would disagree with this bad advice from GQ. With the length of today's ties, short vest, hip hugging pants, and let us not forget the oversized shirts on sale today, anyone who follows this advice could end up looking oddly put together. You will end up with bulging shirt and extra tie sticking out from your midsection. Not an area most of us want to emphasize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80