Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
"Screamin' Eagles"

9a6asy3a.jpg

Lotsahats

One Too Many
It's a wind cord, trolley cord, wind trolley, or so on. It's designed so that you can unwind it and attach the button to your lapel in case the wind gets too high; since one end remains connected to the hat and one end is buttoned to you, a strong wind might lift your hat off, but it won't go too far.

A

DTQ

New in Town
It's a wind cord, trolley cord, wind trolley, or so on. It's designed so that you can unwind it and attach the button to your lapel in case the wind gets too high; since one end remains connected to the hat and one end is buttoned to you, a strong wind might lift your hat off, but it won't go too far.

A
Thank you, I had no idea. Is that generally a feature of better quality hats?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice n' heavy.

Often the button cord on modern hats is put on either for show, or the sake of tradition, as I'm led to believe that most folks haven't used them in several decades.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I actually use mine from time to time - and I have even mounted cords on a couple of hats without a wind cord. It's often very windy in DK, and we do have a lot of canals and the harbour in CPH. A free flying hat very easily becomes a sad sad story around here ;)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ole, that's awesome. Though I admit an image of you being pulled down the streets of New York by a hat shaped kite attached by cord to your lapel just popped into my mind! :D

Joao, the stagecoach is sweet!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Jeff, I'm afraid that's actually not completely unrealistic. You would know, if you saw me. Friends used to mock me, that I was of Italian descent - hence the spaghetti hanging out my shirt sleeves :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner