Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dr.....

Dr Trinidad said:
dude I would kill for those dice!! Really awesome!
I agree, they're unique to say the least.
She said they came from an estate sale. I may have paid a little more than I planned for them them, ($12) but they are sterling and one of a kind. :D

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
shoelessjoe said:
Here's a North American Aviation (P-51, B-25, F-86, to name a few) pin that adorns my Chatham

IMG_0658.jpg

How many years service?

B
T

majormoore

Vendor
Just wondering when you place the hat pin onto your hat on the ribbon and bow area, doesn't the clasp ( post) bother the side of your head, and push the sweatband inward? or do your hat pins have a something differant on the back other than the clasp ( holder) .

I have a hat pin, that I had to cut the post off of because when I placed it on a hat and put the clasp onto the pin, it hurt the side of my head, so I am thinking on using a safety pin and use some JB weld to see if I can get it to stay and work out.

Major Moore

Rick Blaine

RBH said:
I like that hat Rick... whats the scoop on it!

A recent BIN find.
Stetson_OR_straw2.jpg

Though not so marked, clearly an OR...
Stetson_OR_straw3.jpg

ST_OR_INT2.jpg

ST_OR_int1.jpg

It still needs a bit of a stretch & I wish I could get the alpine out & give it a front pinch... I ain't gonna push it. It is in remarkable shape & I love the color.

bolthead

majormoore said:
Just wondering when you place the hat pin onto your hat on the ribbon and bow area, doesn't the clasp ( post) bother the side of your head, and push the sweatband inward? or do your hat pins have a something differant on the back other than the clasp ( holder) .

I have a hat pin, that I had to cut the post off of because when I placed it on a hat and put the clasp onto the pin, it hurt the side of my head, so I am thinking on using a safety pin and use some JB weld to see if I can get it to stay and work out.

Major Moore
Epoxy works also and it may not take as long to set up.

I just stick the pins in until they're almost through to the sweatband, and don't put any back on them at all. They seem to stay put fairly well. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner