Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Conversions and Refurbs by John Galt

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
To keep from having this thread shut down, don't give the satisfaction of responding to negative comments. Completely ignore those who make them. I think there's also an ignore option that can be used as well if anyone doesn't want to see the comments from certain other members. If necessary, use that option. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I apologize for this post, but it is the only way to talk with John....if he were listening :)
John it is two days I try to send a PM but your mail is full and there is no room for others messages.
Please suggest me the way to communicate with you. Thanks

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I apologize for this post, but it is the only way to talk with John....if he were listening :)
John it is two days I try to send a PM but your mail is full and there is no room for others messages.
Please suggest me the way to communicate with you. Thanks
Daniele, I just sent John a text message and let him know that you wanted to communicate with him.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thought I'd bump the thread again with this Resistol Stagecoach conversion by John Galt. The colder weather makes this one of my favorite "go to" hats for Fall / Winter wear.

The_Indy_R.jpg

...and my other favorite "go to" hat for Fall / Winter wear. This is the Stetson Nutria that John did for me as well. It started life as a 1950s Nutria Western....

Noo_Tree_Uh_01.jpg

Both of these hats have nice dimensions and tall crowns with a Center Dent crease.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Am I right in thinking western felt is thicker than dress weight? If so it would make the ideal winter/rain/snow hat?
Usually, western felt is thicker, at least the more recent vintage ones are. My Resistol Stagecoaches are heavier felt, as are my other Westerns. The '50s vintage Stetson Nutria that John G. converted for me started out as a lighter weight Western felt before its conversion to a fedora. That one was closer to dress weight felt, but still a bit thicker than dress weight. I personally like the heavy bodied Stagecoaches. They give you a lot of hat to work with....and they're definitely nice and warm for Fall / Winter wear.

Last edited:
He emailed me a few weeks ago. I think he has been really jammed up at work. Add the holiday season, and I'll bet he barely has time to breathe.

We miss you, JG!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy