Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat sales query

Aerol

A-List Customer
I have a great hat that I wish to sell. What's the best way to do it? Post it on this forum? Post in classifieds? eBay?

I bought this hat new in the early '70s, and it was recently cleaned and blocked by Optimo (there are advantages to living in Chicago).

ITG

Call Me a Cab
It's really up to you but I'd probably put it on ebay and then post a link here as a heads up for members. But if you don't want to pay ebay fees, then I'd say set your price and post it in the FL classifieds. Be sure to include pics as you'll probably get more interest.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Is it MY size?

Forget those suggestions! Is it a 7 3/8? Mint? Borsalino? PM ME!

HA No I would first look at Ebay and get a feel for value. Then once you get an idea of what the hat is worth, based upon condition, rarity, brand, etc. Then set your price, and post here. But you will have a better chance on Ebay..much wider audiance. And you could get a bidding war. Seems prices are like real estate, buyers outbid eachoter for the nice stuff.

Aerol

A-List Customer
more info

Sorry, it's not a Borso. But it is a James Lock for Brooks Brothers. It's 7-1/4 (US size), natural color (biege) and has all the original tags and markings (including the price tag). It's in the original box.

As I indicated, I'm the original owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy