Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat situation in Pittsburgh?

dnjan

One Too Many
I am getting ready to head over to Pittsburgh for a 3-month period. What is the hat situation there? Will I see anything other than cloth stingy's?
(I'll mostly be in the Shadyside to Oakland areas.)

If you are into vintage hats the vintage clothes shops are worth checking out. I found a really nice 1920s Homburg at Eons Fashion Antique. Just Google Pittsburgh vintage clothes for the shop names + locations. Also Google local antique malls.

dnjan

One Too Many
Thanks! The first two times I googled "pittsburgh vintage clothes", it changed the search into "pittsburgh clothes".
third time worked.
I printed a map and am ready to go!

Thanks! The first two times I googled "pittsburgh vintage clothes", it changed the search into "pittsburgh clothes".
third time worked.
I printed a map and am ready to go!

I would also check the local antique malls. I think over a 3 month period you should be able to make a couple of nice finds. Pittsburgh had some great hat stores back in the day.

dnjan

One Too Many
Haven't had a chance to do any hat shopping yet, but my early observation of the hat scene is a bit dismal. A few straws as well as a few stingy-brimed sewn cloth hats.

On the bright side, I did get a compliment on the straw hat I was wearing (a cheap panama that I am wearing while waiting for my good panama to be re-blocked by Art).
And the church I went to on Sunday still had those "hat holders" on the back of the pew in front of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner