Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat stores in Chicago?

DominusTecum

Familiar Face
Ok, you're all going to think this is positively decadent.

Due to, how shall we say, "a complex set of surprise circumstances," I found out today, pretty much completely out of the blue, that I'm going to be making a trip up to St. Paul, MN this Thursday and Friday. I told a friend, and he immediately said "you must stay with me, in Chicago, and we'll spend the weekend hitting the town."

"Great!" say I. "What do you want to do," says he?

And so I start thinking .......what things can I buy or do in the big city that I can't do in the rural midwest? Hat stores, anybody? I know about Optimo, and it's already on the "visit" list, unless you all think it's not worth it. Anything else related to hats or gentleman's accoutrements?

Thanks in advance!

Aerol

A-List Customer
Not go to Optimo?

Of course you must, must, must go to Optimo!

You might also enjoy Syd Jerome @ 2 N. LaSalle St. for the finest in Italian style. Bring money.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This was my favorite part of the Art Institute of Chicago.

Here's how my wife and I spent a couple of days in the City. There are plenty of Loungers who live there and who can give you more pointers than I can.

A few things I didn't discuss in that thread are how much I like the Lincoln Park area and how I wish Argo Tea (Chicago's tea answer to Starbucks) was everywhere. There are around 12 of them. Though it's a bit expensive, the Architecture Foundation offers a fun and informative river cruise.

Here are photos of Optimo.

Have fun!

Vanguard.45

New in Town
HATS-PLUS

It's got a GREAT selection and they are reasonably priced!

The store is on Irving Park on the North side of the city.

They have a website:

www.hats-plus.com

I am not affiliated with them, but have stopped in a few times!

Vanuard.45

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Bring $550...

...and get a satin finish Beaver

Optimo6.jpg

The finest hat you`ll get ever!

Sorry for the tongue-in-cheek attitude, but you know what I mean....you can buy 5 hats for $100, and never be happy with 4, end up only wearing one most of the time, or invest and buy the finest hat in the world...I envy you going to Chicago. Say hello to Graham from me...his standards and hats are truely exceptional.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Optimo

daizawaguy said:
Sorry for the tongue-in-cheek attitude, but you know what I mean....you can buy 5 hats for $100, and never be happy with 4, end up only wearing one most of the time, or invest and buy the finest hat in the world...I envy you going to Chicago. Say hello to Graham from me...his standards and hats are truely exceptional.

How true. And Graham is the best. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot