Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Guns?

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Some random hat I picked up in a San Francisco gift shop with a repro Sheffield:
uMfUhdu.jpg

Stetson Chatham with 1911:
LpfsTvR.jpg

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 36000
I suppose this country would have come along just fine without the contributions of John Stetson and Samuel Colt (although John Browning gave us the 1911 design that Colt later made famous), but there's no denying their iconic nature. Both born of the necessity for protection in an unforgiving landscape and very much a part of this nation's history.
+1 very well said

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Wlcm. Sounds like some strict gun laws.
Very.
I can shoot it if:
-I take a hunters licence (I'm not interested in hunting)
-I'm affiliated to a sports club that is inscribed in the sports Federation, so I have to pay fees to the club and the federation, must take note of all ammo I waste, etc, etc... (this people is nuts)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Very.
I can shoot it if:
-I take a hunters licence (I'm not interested in hunting)
-I'm affiliated to a sports club that is inscribed in the sports Federation, so I have to pay fees to the club and the federation, must take note of all ammo I waste, etc, etc... (this people is nuts)
Well anyway it looks nice! Keep it in a place of honor.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao,

You should put some gun range time on your USA trip itinerary. Not with that gun of course, but one just like it.

Well, Renault told me that if I go visit him, he would allow me to shoot his Winchesters. This is one thing I would love to do.
Here, for me to shoot a carbine, I have to shoot and participate in events with a shotgun for 5 years. (Who the hell invented this law!?)

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Gun laws are pretty strict in most of western Europe but there aren't 12,OOO deaths a year due to firearms like in America nor are there many cases of people walking into schools with semi- automatic weapons & emptying a few magazines into the kids.

Gromulus

Practically Family
Gun laws are pretty strict in most of western Europe but there aren't 12,OOO deaths a year due to firearms like in America nor are there many cases of people walking into schools with semi- automatic weapons & emptying a few magazines into the kids.

Oh, oh..............here we go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred