Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Military Outerwear

rumblefish

One Too Many
Aside from military hats, what do like to go with your military coat or jacket? A-2 and a fedora- of course, but what about the others? A-1s, Irvins, Tankers, B-10s, ANJ-4s, M-69s, N-1s, B-3s, or whatever you have in your collection and wear.
I'd love to see pictures if you have any to post!

MikePotts

Practically Family
I tend never to wear my fedoras with my A2 or similar jackets, poor old Harrison Ford has enough to put up with besides worrying about competition from me!

:) MP

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I've had mixed results with hats and military outerwear. Generally speaking, I think baseball caps work best...at least for me.

Here's a Stetson Gun Club with a vintage N-2A. I didn't care for the look.
JackiesTesters064-1.jpg

A Snowy River with a vintage N-3B. I really didn't like the look.
JackiesTesters029.jpg

An American Needle reproduction 1965 Braves (Milwaukee) cap with a vintage M-51. I kinda like it.
spookyeyes014.jpg

Same hat with a vintage MA-1. Works fairly well, I think.
winterdec09002-1-1.jpg

Vintage beer truck driver's cap with B-15C and Clubmasters. I like it.
JackiesTesters107.jpg

Gun Club with another vintage M-51. Works as long as the M-51 is worn over a hoodie.
misc013.jpg

Stylemaster with a Goodwear A-1. Woks best of all...IMHO.
geoffjacket027-1.jpg

AF

Last edited:

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I swear, I wore worn fedoras with leather jackets before Harrison Ford. I just couldn't afford nearly as nice of a leather jacket.

When I was in college I had a great leather jacket that was cut just like a jean jacket ... well it cried for a western fedora and that was in the early 70s.

Ever since college, I have liked to mix western hats, safari, outdoors, whatever you want to call them ... with a field jacket. I don't own one right now ... they seem to disappear as your kids grow up and they aren't as easily replaced as they were when I could wear a smaller size.

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails