Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and movies

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was sitting down this evening to watch the original "Airport" which I recorded on my DVR from TCM a few days ago. I realized I was wearing my Resistol 707 stingy with its Boeing 707 hat pin. I hadn't planned it, it just happened that way.

Does anybody else wear an appropriate hat when watching a movie at home? I've been known to reshape the bash on one of my hats to match what I'm seeing on the screen.

Come on, fellas, admit it if you do that. I can't be the only one. :D

Doh!

One Too Many
New Year's weekend, I watched Double Indemnity while wearing my wide-brimmed grey fedora.

There, I said it.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
belushi.jpg

Allways wear my leatherhelmet and goggels while watching Battle of Britain.
Doesn't everybody???:D

Feraud

Bartender
I will admit to walking into my home and forgetting to remove my hat but have never worn one to watch a movie.
Does watching Dillinger while cradling a machine gun count? :)

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
scotrace said:
Monica Bellucci sits on my lap when I watch the third Matrix.

Something tells me you enjoyed that movie more than the rest of us.

I usually don a fedora if I'm going to a theatrical screening of a film noir flick. Otherwise, PJs for me.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah I have worn hats, Westerns, Military and Fedoras. My wife draws the line when I get dressed up in clothing to match the movie. I have not done it in a while though.

Boston Adam

New in Town
I havent done that before. Now that you mention it, I might give it a try. Sounds like soemthing i would have done as a kid. But come to think of it, we all have little kids inside of us still no matter how old we get.

Hondo

One Too Many
If time permits when alone on Veterans Day I wear my crusher cap, a cold brew to settle in and watch Gregory Pecks "12 O'Clock High" :eusa_clap

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Raiders of the Lost Ark

The pics about 4 years old and I was such a stickler for accuracy... well let's just say I wasn't satisfied until many many many custom hats down the line and alot of money spent... it wasn't just about wearing the hat while watching the movie, I was th ideas that it presented. I feel th same about the Untouchables, though in that movie it's the suits.
wind3-vi.jpg

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
I thought I was the only one who got into character before sitting down to watch a good movie. My hates when I watch Last Man Standing. She just doesn’t like the .45 laying on the coffee table :D (don’t really do that but want to). Plus a good shootem’ up movie like that has to have the surround sound turned up nice and loud, so you can hear the bullets whipping by your head, and she can’t stand that.:eek:

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
All right, cowboy hats, there's just somethin' sexy about a woman in a cowboy hat. I'm a big western movie fan myself. In fact I built/building a cowboy bar in my basement. I told my wife once 100%, I’ll need a flat screen mounted down there so I can sit and watch my western movies. Of course she just rolled her eyes.:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass