Hats With Musical Instruments

Discussion in 'Hats' started by splintercellsz, Sep 8, 2012.

1. I saw the one that interviews David Crosby a lot, & talks about Mama Cass a lot. Whichever title that was.

2. Could be Laurel Canyon. Part 2 focused on Ronstadt, Jackson Browne, Eagles.

Hurricane Jack likes this.
  3. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

Looks like Lucy has a hot date today, she's all spiffed up with this old Dobbs.
    lucyanddobbs.jpg

4. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

The thrill is never really gone when you have that combo in the house!

5. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Great pic.
    Bet those tubes light up the room!!
    Epic
    B

Ross Young likes this.
  6. SteveFord

Yep, that's the old girl.
    I know why BB was always sitting down, that thing weighs more than any Les Paul you'll encounter.

7. I've always thought flying V's are the most awkward things to play. I can see why heavy metal guitarists like to point them straight out, so they can hook the V on their leg.

Desert dog and Bamaboots like this.
  8. SteveFord

Did someone saying Flying V?
    flying bowler.jpg

You have to play them like a classical guitar when you're sitting down.
    One thing's for sure, there's no problem with upper fret access and they're light enough.

9. Albert King had 5 V's & they were all carved with an arched top across the face as he preferred. I believe Joe Bonamassa owns one, Steven Seagal owns three in his collection, & one went back to Gibson.

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

10. SteveFord

I didn't know that about his guitars, thanks!
    I knew he played a right handed one lefty and learned how to play by inventing his own tuning to where it sounded good to him.
    I had never seen a Flying V until I discovered Wishbone Ash as a kid after reading about them in Guitar Player Magazine.

Rmccamey, Bamaboots and Ross Young like this.
  11. I think when Gibson quit using Tom Nelson pickups (or Nelson left Gibson, whatever that deal was) Albert stayed with THN pickups on his guitars. And Nelson may have actually carved & built the last couple of guitars for him. He gave credit of his sound to those Nelson pickups.

12. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great all around and my kinda' music.