Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatter location question...

Seth Duzan

Familiar Face
I am wanting to look into getting my sweat replaced. I was wondering where would be the place to go. I love in small town Illinois, with Terre Haute, In being the closest city. Indianapolis isn't too far a drive, as the wife works at a hospital there. Does anyone know of any hatters in or around those cities? If not I may be looking at online. Nothing against that, but I'd prefer a location I can visit in person, gives me a good reason to browse and try some on... ;)

Optimo is a good source for sweatband replacement but you'll get a total refurb.
Lots of hatters have more business making custom hats that doing repair services takes away from their main source of higher profit margin.
I had one send back 2 hats at his expense rather than replace the sweats & charge me for the work & shipping.
Clean-a-hat, http://cleanahat.com/, did a couple for me years ago. They may still do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW