Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatter's tools

Willybob

A-List Customer
I'm in the market for a basic rounding jack (brim trimmer) and a tolliker. can anyone point me to a resource?

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
I'm in the market for a basic rounding jack (brim trimmer) and a tolliker. can anyone point me to a resource?
https://www.etsy.com/shop/decoustudio?section_id=5869567

The prices are a little steep, but he's the only game in town as far as new hatters tools that I'm aware of, plus he makes them all by hand. The other two choices are vintage, or to make your own. I made my own rounding jack, which is rough and ugly, but works. I also bought the foot tolliker, pusher downer and puller downer kit he sells, tools which are very much needed for hand blocking, and I highly reccomend them. Marc takes great pride in his work and his stuff is art, especially his rounding jacks.

Humanshoes's rounding jacks look like good stuff to me. Decou makes very, very nice tools. Uncompromising. Great attention to detail. First-rate materials, etc. But it's truly more than the hobbyist (or even the professional, really) actually needs.

This stuff does turn up online from time to time. I have three rounding jacks; the one that gets used the most is a vintage one that I picked up for just a few bucks some years ago. It takes single-edge razor blades, which are still widely available. (A sharp blade makes the thing work all the better, by the way.)

BrettG

New in Town
I have one rounding jack ready to go if anyone is interested.
can you tell me what price you get for a new rounding jack, please and do you make any other hand tools, such as pusher downer, puller downer and foot tolliker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21