Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have You Ever Met A Movie/TV Star or Celebrity?

Jerekson

One Too Many
Story said:
Mummy 3 was two dimensional & weak, she made the right choice. :mad:

Oi ...am... a ... librarian! lol

None of us were expecting much, but I have to admit that her lines in particular were a total cheese-fest.

swinggal

One Too Many
I was an extra in a an Aussie film called 'Love in Limbo' back in 1993. It starred a very young Russel Crowe. At the time I was a rock and roll dancer and as the film was set in 1957 they grabbed a bunch of us for a dance scene and dressed us up in 50s gear. The scene was filmed at a Drive-In theatre at night, took 8 hours and I remember it raining.

Russell was not famous OS at that point and Romper Stomper was a few films away at that point. He was still quite arrogant but very quiet too.

10275.jpg

Cracker

One of the Regulars
Earlier this year, I got my hair cut in the chair next to one of my favorites, Hal Holbrook. He was in town for his wife Dixie Carter's play at the Alley Theatre here in Houston, and my local barbershop* on 11th in the Heights was recommended to him. Seemed like a nice guy, walking in off the street dressed like a regular joe in a rumpled seersucker suit.

*Doug and Don's Barbershop is a real throwback. Every inch of the walls is covered with old photos, newspapers from the 40s-60s, etc. And it served as Bert's Barbershop in the movie Rushmore.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
GWD said:
I've met a few when I was younger at Hollywood Park Race Track, my family had a few race horses and we still have a box on the finish line. I've sat on Walter Matthau's lap, I was knocked down the stairs by Vic Tayback of "Alice" Fame, John Forsythe sat directly behind us and was very kind, Dick Van Patten was also very near our box and I've met him in passing. I've also have done a lot of work at Paramount Pictures and have met in passing, Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Henry Winkler, Paul Hogan, Ted Danson and more recently Brad Garret. A few months ago I had dinner with Tommy Lasorda.

web.jpg

No, Tommy isn't asleep, he is signing a baseball. lol

There will be no shortage of dinner conversation at our table! Wow!

Cascadian

New in Town
I've met a bunch of politicians here and there -- shook hands and chatted with George H.W. Bush at a private event a day or two after he won the nomination in 1988; had dinner with Andre Marrou (if being the Libertarian Party vice-presidential nominee counts as "celebrity"); ran into then-governor Pete Wilson of California at a Nordstrom in Sacramento and exchanged a few words about suits.

My one time on TV I was on a panel with Ron Reagan, son of the former president. I did a phone interview with Kirk Cameron. He was hiding in his hotel bathroom at the time so as not to wake up his napping daughter.

I've reviewed a bunch of books on Amazon.com, and have exchanged email with a few reasonably well-known authors about my reviews, including Ronald Radosh, Will Thomas (who I met in person before I'd read his books), Thomas E. Woods (who I met in person after reading his books), and Rick Riordan.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Dusty Baker - Chicago Cubs. At dinner in Chicago,
Judy Carne - the "Sock It To Me!" girl from Rowan and Martin's Laugh In. In Wilmington, Delaware, she was appearing in Absurd Person Singular.
Michael Callan - He and Ms. Carne were appearing together. He's the uncle of a friend. He was in the film Cat Ballou with Jane Fonda and Lee Marvin.
Jan Hooks - we did a show together in TX before she went on to bigger things. Saturday Night Live and Designing Women.
Justin Deas - soap actor. We were theatre students together at Wm. & Mary.
John Shearin - soap actor. At Wm. & Mary as well.
Sidney Hibbert - stage actor. I played Kent to his King Lear in college at JMU.
Melvin Douglas - he was a family friend of one of my professors at JMU. We had a master class on his film career.
Bart Starrr - Baltimore Colts QB. Side-by-side in the loo at DFW airport.
Jason Seahorn - NY Giants. We had a chat on a flight from DFW to NYC.
Angie Harmon - actress. They were travelling together. Law and Order, The Women's Murder Club.
David Brinkley - broadcaster, newsman - At the Williamsburg Inn in Williamsburg, VA. THe Huntley Brinkley Report
Daniel Silva - author. At a book signing in Dallas.
Andre Agassi - tennis. At a dinner in Houston.
Sam Cassell - NBA guard. In Houston when he played for the Rockets.
Tony Dorsett - Dallas Cowboys running back. In Dallas.
Warren Moon - QB for the Houston Oilers and Minnesota Vikings. In Houston at a Crescent Moon Foundation dinner.
Raymond Berry - Baltimore Colts receiver. When I was in the Cub Scouts.
Robert Patrick - playwright of Kennedy's Children. When I appeared as Mark in a production at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
Bill Clinton - at a restaurant in Little Rock, AR. When he was Governor of Arkansas.
George Strait - at the Rodeo in Houston, TX.
Randy White - Dallas Cowboys. At a hardware store in Dallas.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Matt Crunk said:
I've met several film and TV stars and even more music stars.

One in partcular I've even tattooed . . .

The Enigma - the blue jigsaw puzzle covered actor, musician, professional side-show entertainer (guest starred on the X-files, Pen & Teller, Ripley's Beleive it or Not) and tattoo icon.

-MC

514995935_l.jpg

He's one of my really good friend's cousins! When I got my nose pierced, the first thing her mom said was "what next, puzzle tattoos?"

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In high school, we did Music Man as the musical. It was a warm night and after the show was over, I was standing in the bandroom doorway trying to cool off. An older man was standing there and said he'd seen the show a few times before, but thought out of all the versions he'd seen, he thought ours was the absolute best. I figured he was someone in the band or cast's grandfather.

The director asked us to sit down because he had some things he wanted to tell us before releasing us for the evening. "First - great show. Second - we have a special guest with us tonight - Meredith Willson, who wrote this show and Unsinkable Molly Brown was in the audience tonight and he'd like to say a few words..." and up strolled the older gentleman I'd been talking to. All I could think was "Oh my God!" and "And he's seen this show a few times before..." And I have absolutely NO recollection of what he said in the 5-10 minutes he spoke. I *do* remember he had a Rolls Corniche convertible with the license plate reading (of course!) "MusicMan."

A few others I've met - Nanette Fabray & her niece Shelley Fabares (about 15 years between meeting one & then the other); Jack Lemmon (Mom's best friend was his private secretary); I let Mick Jagger cut in front of me at a toy store here in town on 12/14/94; Garrison Keillor at the crack of dawn one morning at the airport at a coffee kiosk; Marni Nixon (singing voice of Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady - and loads of other movies).

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
Back in the early 80's, my buddy and I and two dates were standing second in line to see the new Rocky movie ( the one with the Russian) .
All of a sudden a black Limo pulls up and out steps Sherman Helmsley ( George Jefferson).
My girl friend loudly blurted out " Oh my god, it's George Jefferson"
Immedaitely people inline started yelling " Weeezie Weezie " ( as he called his wife on the Jeffersons show).
He laughed and went in side.
Well we quickly bought our tickets and ran into the theatre and there he was sitting right in the middle with three of his people.
Being young we just walked right over and sat with him. My GF gave him a bibg hug and a kiss
He was very nice and stayed with us until he had quite a crowd around him. He then excused himself and went upstairs to a private viewing box.
All together a great guy.

Lorena B

Practically Family
The one that got me almost fainting was Priscilla Presley, when she came to London to sign up the book "At home with the Presleys"

Got her autograph and a hand shake. Man, that was intense!! I keep that signed book as one of my treasures!

FStephenMasek

One of the Regulars
We did some work in Marlon Brando's house not long before he passed away, and I was amazed that he remembered some books/movies with my wife's unusual (for the USA) first name in the title.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I met Tony Curtis a few years back here in Dublin at a book signing - he was very charming (however I don't believe he had an affair with Marilyn Monroe as he claims - I think he's spoofing).

I also met Maureen O'Hara here in Dublin when she was being honoured by the Irish Film Institute - she was fabulous - really gutsy!

I knew Colin Farrell a few years ago - he used to live up the road from me.

I met Stewart Townsend (Queen of the Damned) one evening and made me a cup of tea - a very nice fellow (good tea as well)! :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Ran into Naomi Campbell around an hour ago at my local Publix. She tried to cut the deli line but was rebuffed by the counterman when she failed to produce a ticket. I kid you not.

Pretty girl, though.

Spending beauty like money.

Tomasso said:
Ran into Naomi Campbell around an hour ago at my local Publix. She tried to cut the deli line but was rebuffed by the counterman when she failed to produce a ticket. I kid you not. Pretty girl, though.

A good friend of mine was telling me about a guy he knew that was a traffic cop in a major police force out this way. The officer said he had never given a break to a pretty girl on a ticket. It was because all his life he has never know a pretty girl that didn't get out of all sorts of trouble simply because they were pretty and used it for any advantage they could get. He said it was time for them to pay up since he had them dead to rights for anything he wrote them up for on that ticket anyway.

Corto

A-List Customer
These incidents are loosely connected to the word "meet":

I got onto an elevator with Salma Hayek once. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw her. She was RADIANTLY beautiful. It was very difficult not to look (or stare) at her during the ride. She knew I was having a hard time and gave me a polite smile when she got off.

And then there was the time I accidentally checked out Janeane Garofalo at a bar. When I realized who she was, I casually averted my eyes. As she walked out with her entourage, I could've sworn she smiled at me. (I'd like to think so at least. I was in good shape back then...).

However, my closest brush with a celebrity was being given Tom Noonan's chair at a diner moments after he vacated it. The seat was still warm. My date was very non-plussed until I explained what a great writer/director/actor he is. (Even then, she was still a little non-plussed...)

p51

One Too Many
I've met plenty, but I don't think I have photos of any of them. Off the top of my head I can recall meeting Chuck Heston, Tom Cruise, Anna Nicole Smith (back when she was still the Guess Jeans girl and an amazing beauty), Bruce Willis, Tom Berenger, Martin Sheen (I'm still kicking myself that I didn't bring along something Apocalypse Now related for him to sign), Mathew Broderick. I bumped into Halley Berry, literally, on a street corner in Baltimore years ago. She walked right into me while she was reading a magazine. I didn't even recognize her until she spoke. Nice lady, a real class act.
Oh, just remembered, I met Van Johnson in 1994. Nice guy but I was terribly disappointed when he couldn't remember anything about being in any of his more well known war films. He did remember Marlene Dietrich and their trip to Normandy after the war (but who wouldn't remember something like that?) Last I heard, he was still alive.
I've used this photo here before, but here's me and "Gunny" Lee Ermey on the seat of Mail Call when they were still filming the show, I have a couple of other shots of myself with him:
MailCall028.jpg

Great guy, exactly what you'd expect. Very nice and funny as all get out. He also never forgets his fans and must be one of the most accessible stars in Hollywood right now.

B

BAZ

Harvey Keitel held the Deli door open for me and my visiting British
friend on Monday night.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Jimmy Durante, Chuck Norris, Robert Conrad and a bunch of lesser known actors and actresses whose names aren't coming to mind right now.

I once made a traffic stop on Farrah Fauccet (sp) and Lee Majors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot