Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have You Ever Met A Movie/TV Star or Celebrity?

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
I met Little Richard about 10 years ago when he came to eat at a restaurant I was working at. He was quite nice and polite and if I wasn't a huge fan and recognized him, he probably would have gone unnoticed. (He had a stack of photos of himself with him that he handed out to anyone who came over to say hello, which i found both odd and quite nice.)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I've met lots of musicans. I used to go to alot of concerts. I met a few actors/actresses where I worked in LA but no one I really wanted to meet. I met the lady from Lost In Space and Lassie. (her name escaptes me), Amy Yasbeck. She was really, really nice, Tia Cararre and some others. Everyday I was hoping to run into Marsha Hunt but it never happened. :(

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
My Dad, who was a journalist in LA during the 60s and 70s took me to the premiere of "That's Entertainment" where I met of slew of older musical stars such as Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, and a slew of others. I honestly don't remember many of them with the exception of Gene Kelly who keeled down to my height and shook my hand. What a nice man!

Now I sorta kinda work in the TV industry and went to a few parties as part of TCA in July, but most of the stars were very wary--even at the party. Some were more charming and easy going, but some were a touch snooty. But I guess that's just like the rest of the population--a mix of characters.

funneman

Practically Family
I couldn't get the above link to open on my computer, so in case it didn't on yours either, here are a few:

Clint Black
Scan9_0009_009-1.jpg

Kenny Rogers
Scan8_0008_008-1.jpg

Montgomery Gentry
Scan6_0006_006-1.jpg

Frankie Avalon
Scan4_0004_004-1.jpg

Kenny Chesney
Scan5_0005_005.jpg

Tim McGraw
Scan4_0004_004.jpg

Eyemo

Practically Family
John Paul Jones Led Zepp..(didn't know who he was) Photographed him, and was told after who he actually was.:eusa_doh:

GWD

One Too Many
I've met a few when I was younger at Hollywood Park Race Track, my family had a few race horses and we still have a box on the finish line. I've sat on Walter Matthau's lap, I was knocked down the stairs by Vic Tayback of "Alice" Fame, John Forsythe sat directly behind us and was very kind, Dick Van Patten was also very near our box and I've met him in passing. I've also have done a lot of work at Paramount Pictures and have met in passing, Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Henry Winkler, Paul Hogan, Ted Danson and more recently Brad Garret. A few months ago I had dinner with Tommy Lasorda.

web.jpg

No, Tommy isn't asleep, he is signing a baseball. lol

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
goldwyn girl said:
Joan Collins, several times
Bill Bryson, author
Sean Connery
Billy Connelly
George Lucas
Liam Neeson
Ewan McGregor
Michael Chiklis
Ben Browder
Omar Sharif
Patricia Medina
Many australian TV actors that would mean nothing to most people here

I'll stop here for now.

Ive never met anyone famous - except Slim Dusty - who probably wont mean a lot to anyone not from Oz!

My sister met Billy Connelly (who she is a big fan of) and my brother in law was dropping her off in the city so she could attend one of his shows, he couldnt go because she was given a ticket as a gift. She went to the side door hoping to get a glimpse of him, and ended up in conversation. He wanted to know if they were attending the show that night, my sister explained she was, but her husband was only dropping her off as he didnt have a ticket, so on the spot, Billy arranged one for him and they both go to go!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just a few..

Ronnie Snell, Phyllis Diller, Elizabeth Montgomery, Bob March (Captain Satellite).

Arnold (our Governor), Mitt Romney, Former Governor and Atty. General Jerry Brown.

Charles "Chuck" Yeager. Pappy Boyington.

Bay Area's Dennis Richmond, KTVU Anchorman, now retired.

Willie McCovey.

tallulah87

New in Town
When I was younger, from about the age of 6, and living in Dallas, my Aunt used to be good friends with Greer Garson and would occasionally take me up to see her in her apartment. Of course at the time I had no idea who the lady was, and I can remember...oh pretty much nothing, from those visits!

I've met Meryl Streep a couple of times, when I say met, I mean a couple of mumbled words on my part. lol
A few other minor UK stars (Jane Macdonald, Lily Savage/Paul O'Grady anyone?)

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I've met a few from working in the theatre, but I really managed to make a twit of myself on The Kings Road in London when 'Wild at Heart' came out. I must have been about 14 and I saw Nic Cage in a book shop with his then g/f Robin Wright.
I was hugely impressed, but didn't know what to say. So I walked away.
He'd been on Wogan (talk show) the night before, I kicked myself for having missed my chance.
However, some time later I literally bumped into someone who was coming out of a...um...shall we say 'leisure items' store?:eek: and it was the man himself.
He apologised in a very 'gee ma'am are you ok' kind of way (how endearing, no wonder so many of us English ladies fell for the Yanks based over here!) and all I could blurt out was 'oh, you were very good on Wogan' and then he asked me if I was going to see his new movie.
'I'd love to-but I'm not old enough'

To quote another chick flick 'I carried a watermelon'. I couldn't think of anything witty to say.

:eek:

Miles Borocky

Familiar Face
my celeb sightings

A few years ago, on Bourbon St. in New Orleans, I saw Jude Law, Kate Winslet, and Sean Penn.

Winslet was disappointingly thin.
Law seemed to be about the diameter of a pencil.
Penn radiated charisma. :)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
Well, I didn't meet him, but I was about 2 feet from David Lynch last night, at an amazing place here in NY called The Box. There was a great (I guess somewhat Lynch-ian) Vaudeville/ variety show called The Cracked Society Revue going on. And there was David Lynch, looking EXACTLY like himself. I smashed against his table for about an hour. I was as interested to see his reactions as I was about what was actually happening onstage.

Similar story. . . I went with some friends to check out the Lucky Stars at the Bordello in Los Angeles. Seated near the dance floor (and surrounded by random people) was Vince Vaughn. I couldn't tell if he was actually into the western swing, or if he just wanted to enjoy a night out with friends.

I've also met Bill Nye the Science Guy, Lemmy from Motorhead, and I used to live with superstar DJ Steve Aoki.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I saw Shaqueil O'Neal in a Cheesecake Factory once.

Other than that, I personally haven't seen much of anybody. My family however, begs different.

I think I already mentioned my relative dating Martin Scorsese for over a year.

Another story that comes to mind is that my uncle was best friends with John Lovitz all throughout middle and high school. He has loads of pictures of the two of them, apparently they hung out together every day (my mother can vouch for this), he's even got old school projects they did together and everything.
When they graduated they had a falling out...but my uncle constantly talks about how someday he's going to call him up.
What else is funny about it is that how ever many years later, both my uncle and my mother became huge SNL fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot