Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Affectionately known as the Official Mrs @GHT thread, always a thrill to see your hats and bespoke outfits.
You are, Sir, like many of the members here, generous to a fault with your compliments. A warm thank you to you, and to all who are so complimentary about my gifted wife's sewing talent.

Yesterday I posted, in the what are you wearing thread, a shirt that I particularly like because although it's floral in that it depicts small ferns, it's a shirt that I can wear as a compromise when I don't wear a collar & tie, but don't want one of my fabulous, flamboyant floral shirts. Here's another look at the one that I'm talking about.
fern pattered shirts 010.JPG

Last night I wore the shirt with my new bespoke, green fedora. Cheryl a milliner in Dorchester excelled herself when making this superb hat. It compliments Tina's shirt and vice versa. On the What Are You Wearing Today thread you can see the trousers that I wore. Tina made those too and the shoes are also bespoke made by Colin of Colin Johnson Shoes.

The colours of this shirt are so versatile that I can wear my new nutmeg fedora, also made by Cheryl,
teamed up with the beige baggies that Tina made and Colin's light brown & white spectator brogues, giving it all a completely different appearance. Here's the shirt accompanied by both the green & nutmeg fedoras.
005.JPG 011.JPG

...Yesterday I posted, in the what are you wearing thread, a shirt that I particularly like because although it's floral in that it depicts small ferns, it's a shirt that I can wear as a compromise when I don't wear a collar & tie, but don't want one of my fabulous, flamboyant floral shirts. Here's another look at the one that I'm talking about.
View attachment 409027
Another brilliant example of Miss Tina's artistry, craftswomanship, and attention to detail! One thing though--that specific pattern depicts palm trees, not ferns. I realize there aren't many tropical climates in your part of the world and, as such, can easily understand such a minor misinterpretation. But having lived in southern California for the past 60 years where palm trees are not at all uncommon, I can assure you that's what they are. Such a wonderful shirt!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Wow indeed, somewhere or other, I can't remember which thread, (don't you just hate the damned amnesia that the onset of old age brings?) Where was I? Oh yes, that Pop-Art shirt, what a head turner that is.

Tina has produced another Aloha style shirt that would go down quite well with the re-enacting fraternity. On appearance it looks as though it's a military camouflage shirt, look a little closer and you will see silhouettes of pin-up girls.

Shirt (camo) 002.JPG Camo-shirt 001.JPG

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It’s not quite straw hat weather here in North Texas and National Straw Hat Day is over a month away. But I’m going to be a bit of a rouge this week. Next week I’m having a major back surgery and will be pretty much home bound for the next few months. So, I’m gonna break out the straw hats along with my Hawaiian shirts.

Today I’m wearing a Northwest semi-calado Panama for work. Love the ribbon treatment. I think it goes well with the woody.

A4265647-F194-49D0-849B-5B29E643E659.jpeg
8A9234D8-CD46-474E-BE6A-AF1FEE5C53B6.jpeg 7B8256A8-6DF0-4FF0-89F3-E68132C68928.jpeg 7729B7A0-E580-45C8-A105-46CEFDF63F4D.jpeg

It’s not quite straw hat weather here in North Texas and National Straw Hat Day is over a month away. But I’m going to be a bit of a rouge this week. Next week I’m having a major back surgery and will be pretty much home bound for the next few months. So, I’m gonna break out the straw hats along with my Hawaiian shirts.

Today I’m wearing a Northwest semi-calado Panama for work. Love the ribbon treatment. I think it goes well with the woody.

View attachment 415976 View attachment 415977 View attachment 415979 well View attachment 415978
It seems like just yesterday you were asking about Aloha shirts with fedoras, Bill. Well, you're way ahead of the pack now, sir! Super semi calado, and perfect graphic! What a fantastic shirt!!

View attachment 415976 View attachment 415977 View attachment 415979 View attachment 415978
Beautiful Panama! And best luck with the surgery.

94 today in my little burg-got out the straws yesterday!
Here in this little part of the world just right of the City of the Angels we're receiving a last day of reprieve today. Starting tomorrow the high temperatures are expected to be in the high-90s or perhaps triple digits and that's supposed to last until Sunday. Good thing we have air conditioning!

1g5BXPd.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
bill's woodie.jpeg
A fine hat, a great shirt and a true gentleman wearing them.
You will be in the thoughts and prayers of all your fellow Loungers
Bill, may your surgery be a success and bring relief and comfort.

Just as a tribute to your lovely shirt................... shirts 150.JPG Shirt (woody) 001.JPG white woodie 001.JPG
I shall make a point of remembering you by wearing my woodie shirts.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Hope you were safe from the weather yesterday, Bill.

View attachment 415976 View attachment 415977 View attachment 415979 View attachment 415978

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko