Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello darling Cherie...lets see your best Evening Wear

Shearer

Practically Family
I adore evening wear, even though I'm a bit of a tomboy :eek: When I get dressed up I usually go in for the poofy-skirted New Look dress, but I love this wiggle dress to bits. It makes me look about 4 feet tall, but I forgive it because it makes me look like I actually have a decent chest lol It's late 1950's... sadly no maker label. I thought the seller was having me on about the age because it's so modern looking, but I found a union label lurking in the dark recesses of a seam.

1518603992_8100233968.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Shearer said:
It makes me look about 4 feet tall, but I forgive it because it makes me look like I actually have a decent chest lol

Lovely dress, love the illusion top!

If it makes you look short, why not pair it with a pair of 1950s style stilettos?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
VERY cute dress! You look fantastic!

My evening wear function is at the end of November, so I'll post a photo then. :D

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dresses!

Here's one - this one is red and white chiffon, it has a separate jacket that has long ties that wrap around. Sorry about the tiny picture, it came off the internet.

m_96cd2265c5508ac23843f25d1e68eea3.jpg

And here's a good FAKE vintage dress from Victoria's Secret! Note the lady to the left is wearing the same dress in a different color. I am also noticing that I need better foundation garments, I didn't realize it had navel action! Yikes!

l_a78de0270a40da3d4959c023804877d9.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
By the door behind her..its a hotel...

By the carpet...its a Vegas hotel, on the strip somewhere...somewhere slightly tropical themed...vaguely reminds me of Mandalay Bay...

You hit the nail on the head, Neecerie. It was from my Vegas trip and the hotel was the Treasure Island.

Thanks all for the kind compliments!

KittyT - I was all prepared to wear my high heels, but I had a lot of Vegas walking to do, and had already wrecked my feet by then anyway :eusa_doh:

Miss 1929 - that green dress looks stunning with the wrap! So starlet!

Keep the evening wear coming, I love it :)

epr25

Practically Family
I am not sure if this counts but I just sold this dress on ebay. It need steamed to bring it back to life but it was so cool I thought.

dress2.jpg
[/IMG]

dress3.jpg
[/IMG]

dress1.jpg
[/IMG]

~*Red*~

Practically Family
BEEYOOTEEFUL dresses ladies!!!!

Here is one I had for many many years and sold a couple of years ago.. time for someone else to enjoy it...

The Front:
red96.jpg

The Back:
red95.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
And it adores you! Gorgeous!

Why, thanks! I have about 5 minutes of looking okay before the lipstick starts smearing and the hair goes wild.

If we do up Vegas this spring, we'll have to look for a reason to dress up!

(LOVE the new avatar, by the way.)

texasgirl

One Too Many
I won this dress on eBay last year. It was the first vintage dress I'd bought and I definitely got the sizing wrong. Anyway, I've been losing weight the past few months, so I will fit into it, hopefully soon! It's a Gigi Young, silk velvet and it's just gorgeous!

dress.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
enough reason in itself to dress up?

I'd like to think so! :D

Green dresses get me in a tizzy! I've been on the lookout for a deep emerald dress for a loooong time - Miss 1940's, the color on that dress is stunning.

I found this dress on eBay (did NOT buy it, but I wish I had an excuse to) and always thought that it would look great in a dark green colour. Beautiful for a wedding dress, but I think with shorter sleeves and a modified/lower neckline it would be very va-va-voom.

For your drooling pleasure:

1936408445_507516faa1.jpg

1937245134_0103e666b3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart