Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help finding '20s glasses like this pair.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Anyone know any companies that sell these exact glasses?
CIMG2702.jpg
[/IMG]

Warbaby

One Too Many
Anyone know any companies that sell these exact glasses?
CIMG2702.jpg
[/IMG]

I've been searching for glasses like this for a couple of years, and as far as I know, no one makes them anymore. They're an early transitional style that combined the large, round lenses and cable temples that were common in the 20s & 30s with the simple metal nose bridge that was used on the 19th c. steel framed glasses with small oval lenses and straight temples. I have two pairs of them and they're my favorite glasses - I find the metal nose bridge much more comfortable than similar glasses with the more common pads that rest on the sides of one's nose. They must not have been too common back in the day, because I frequently search for them on eBay and haven't found any since I got mine about 4 years ago.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Try this website: http://www.roopevintage.com/glasses?era=185

This is from their website:
RoopeVintage.com started out as an online outlet for the sale of a large private collection of vintage glasses & sunglasses. This collection of eyewear has been gathered from all over Europe over the last 30 years. The idea was not only to sell these glasses online but also help search for new vintage models worldwide. The website now offer original unworn vintage glasses and also reproduction frames based on original vintage styles. Robert Roope, owner of www.roopevintage.com is also the eyewear designer and driving force behind the vintage glasses range of www.blackeyewear.com

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Try this website: http://www.roopevintage.com/glasses?era=185

This is from their website:
RoopeVintage.com started out as an online outlet for the sale of a large private collection of vintage glasses & sunglasses. This collection of eyewear has been gathered from all over Europe over the last 30 years. The idea was not only to sell these glasses online but also help search for new vintage models worldwide. The website now offer original unworn vintage glasses and also reproduction frames based on original vintage styles. Robert Roope, owner of www.roopevintage.com is also the eyewear designer and driving force behind the vintage glasses range of www.blackeyewear.com

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
That's a nice selection, though I'm surprised they're hard to find. The picture I posted is actually a recently made pair my friend bought from his eye doctor, I figured someone here in the U.S. had to still be making them.

Gene

Practically Family
They sell SS stuff. Wouldn't buy there

Not to throw this thread wayyyy off track, but Hessen is a company that caters to militaria collectors and reenactors. I understand you being from Germany it could be a sore subject still, but trust me 95% of the people who collect and sell WWII militaria are not neo-Nazis.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes. But in germany it is not accepted for Reenactors to display SS. There are also laws against the uniforms and signs like the double s runes or the skull...so it wouldn't even work.
We sure have groups who do Wehrmacht but SS is not a normal army. They were a bunch of criminals and murderers for the NS Party no less. It's not the common soldier.
I boycott every internet shop and every event who has something to do with this. I don't think you can just "play" SS-Nazi for fun. Maybe it is the fascination of pure evil in fancy black uniforms. But I don't accept that.

filfoster

One Too Many
Not to throw this thread wayyyy off track, but Hessen is a company that caters to militaria collectors and reenactors. I understand you being from Germany it could be a sore subject still, but trust me 95% of the people who collect and sell WWII militaria are not neo-Nazis.
Yes, of course. I would love to wade into this but it is bottomless. The subject the poster from Germany describes, more properly addressed in the WWII forum, and I would suggest not really proper for the Lounge at all, is extremely complex.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou