Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help from Loungers: is this an Aero 1930' halfbelt slim?

Dodo

Familiar Face
Hi guys,
an Aero jacket is on sale on the bay, the seller says it is an halfbelt but doesn't know if it is a 30' or a 50' halfbelt.
To me it seems to be a 1930' halfbelt.
Can you help me to identify the jacket, please? it happens it should be my size, my chest is 39, so i could make offers on it.
that's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Leathe...C_Outerwear&hash=item3cbbec096f#ht_500wt_1202
thanks guys!

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
It's a Thirties, I think. The sleeves do look quite wide, but I think that's an optical illusion - mine can look wide spread out too. It has a serious flaw, though, which is why I would buy it - it's too damn small for me! ;) If only it were a 42, I'd be bidding!

Lovely jacket, you don't see many of them in black. That's something I want to get myself in due course, but it'll be a year or two yet.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Great jacket, and there is a Raf battle of britain up there too that looks georgeous, i need one but its a size too big for me (need a 40)

I've noticed a LOT of great jackets on ebay the last two weeks! If I had not spent my money so liberally this spring/summer, I'd have more on the way - well, assuming I can find one my size.
Keep an eye out fellas.

Dodo

Familiar Face
Thanks guys for helping me, maybe I'll try to buy it but with expensive shipping cost and custom i think there'll be someone who will make a higher bid than mine. Let's see what happen...

HectorTorta

New in Town
It's definitely a 30's. The sure fire way to tell is that in the photo of the jacket in your auction, the leather in the back is slightly folded over just above the belt. This is the slimmer fit of the 30's HB. Compare images from the Aero site:

30's
50's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24