Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help need to complete my Sherlock Coat

The Lark

One of the Regulars
Hi,

After watching the splendid BBC production of Sherlock I became enamoured with his wonderful Belstaff Milford greatcoat. Unfortunately, that coat costs around 1300 pounds and is discontinued.

BUT a friend of mine who sews has agreed to hand make a replica of the coat to my measurements, so long as I provide the materials.

SO I need to find some black-on-grey houndstooth coat wool - preferably in Irish tweed like the one from the show.

AND YET I can't find that fabric pattern anywhere! Not even on the net.

Please, can somebody help me source a coat-weight houndstooth wool of that shade? All hands on deck! It's for a good cause.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Have you contacted the Irish (and Scottish) companies that make tweed directly? Send them a photo and ask if they know how best to source this.

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
That is an excellent coat to be infatuated with. It is one of many things tied for my favorite thing about that series. Definitely keep us updated on the materials! Hopefully we could all use the information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR