Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help with posting pics...please

Mark

Practically Family
Hi

I find myself once again in need of help posting pics. My new BK Waldo Pepper arrived this week and I would love to post some pics of it. Last May I tried posting pics of my then new Aero HWM but failed even with a lot of hand holding by members here. Despite that failure I want to try again. I can upload pics from my camera to libraries on my laptop but that's as far as I can manage. Any help for computer dummies would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My format is a free photobucket account. Click on IMG. Copy and paste the IMG URL below your text. Works every time for me.

Peacoat

Bartender
At the top of your reply screen after you have clicked "Reply" there will be several icons. Hover over the third one from the right. It will say "Insert Image." Click on it. The next screen you will want to choose "From Computer" if the images are on your hard drive. Click on "Choose File." The pictures on your hard drive will appear. Select what you want to post. It is really simple now that we can upload directly from our hard drives. Also, see Handy Mike's link above.

Or, alternatively, as Fanch suggested, use a third party server, such as Photobucket and paste and copy the URL. This adds a few extra steps and is not as direct as uploading from your own hard drive.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Once I click 'From URL' and paste info from the 'Direct' link into the space, dont forget to un tick the small box at the left where you have just pasted this information. Works for me.
In some cases it may be best to re-size your pics as modern camera pics take up a lot of bandwidth and can take ages to down/up load.

Mark

Practically Family
Hi and thank you all for the information, a lot to get my head around but i'll give it a go. Rocketeer, this has been a problem for me in the past, down load lasts ages then fails. How do you resize pics? I am sure this has been stumbling block in the past.

Cheers

Peacoat

Bartender
Hi and thank you all for the information, a lot to get my head around but i'll give it a go. Rocketeer, this has been a problem for me in the past, down load lasts ages then fails. How do you resize pics? I am sure this has been stumbling block in the past.

Cheers

There are various free sites where you can resize. Do a google for resize photos, and you should find more than a few. Here are the results:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=resize+photo

Mark

Practically Family
Hi Guys, well I failed again!! Tried downloading from my computer but FL says images too large. Tried Imgur as suggested by vespizzare and managed to open an account and download pics but what the hell do you do from there? The language used by the computer leaves me baffled and stressed. Pics (but not fit pics) can be found on BK Face Book page, Waldo Pepper, Russet with Bronco collar. Awesome jacket!

Cheers guys for your help.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
If you have Photobucket, pick a picture in your library, any picture. When the picture opens bring the cursor into the pic and a selection of buttons will appear at top left(on mine anyway) Hit the edit button, it is a square with a paint brush in it and click. Another bar appears at the top of the picture, now click on the button that says 'Resize'. If a massive number appears you need to alter it to about W 1024 H 680.

When posting as mentioned before, dont forget to un tick the 'Retrieve Remote file' box
Hit the 'From URL' button and it should look like this, then untick that small box. Post your direct link into the URL box then hit OK, now just go to Preview Post(or Advanced Post) and you can check to see if the pic is there. If all ok, hit submit reply. :)

Screen%20shot%202015-02-06%20at%2018.19.28_zpscjwttcfl.png

nick123

I'll Lock Up
If you're still having trouble resizing with imgur or photobucket (I use photobucket for mobile, it's honestly by no means a smooth process), I suppose you could try simply opening your photos on your PC and there should be a resize button right there. Save the photos (or if you want to keep the original sizes click 'save as' but don't overwrite the original file-maybe give the reduced size photos a new name) and then try reuploading them with the new size to imgur/photobucket. I think you'll find the resize button on imgur without problem, but this is in case that fails.

Once you get these pics figured out, try to figure out the attachments feature on the FL. It's MUCH easier that way.

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
Try http://postimage.org/. Set up an account, upload your pics, click on view codes, choose the link for forums and click on copy to clipboard. Go to your post in FL and paste. When you post you get a thumbnail image that hyperlinks to your proper image.

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks Rocketeer. I do not have a photobucket account. Perhaps I will try this over the w/end. Thanks for your efforts in trying to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner