Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hidden in Plain Schott: the 613SH Perfecto

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Despite being such a looker, I think the 613sh is going to be a great riding jacket. The thickness of the hide gives a sense of security and huge props to Schott for practically overdoing the arm length. My Triumph has old school beach bars which are kind of wide and low slung and the mobility and reach on the jacket was excellent right out of the box. I’m thinking the shoulders might require a bit of break in for the Harley guys with their ape hangers. Another plus was the non-snap collar just seemed to work and fit better when the jacket was fully zipped with the lapels folded in (which is how I often wear a Perfecto when riding).

On this count, I saw back in the autumn (but then forgot to post here, I think) that a motorcycling magazine reviewed the 613SH in particular as a riding jacket (the title just says Perfecto but the review is specific).

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
Here's mine after about 6 month of fairly frequent wear.
IMG20230718103934_4000.jpg

Ducs_Of_Hazzard

New in Town
Hi There!

Hate to revive an older thread but thought that activity a few months ago was still relatively current.

I’m looking at picking up a 613SH and am curious about the chest measurements & jacket size of actual owners of either the 613s or 613sh. I see there are a handful of actual owners posting in the thread here.

I’m 5’ 10”, 185 Lbs, with a 43.5” Chest and a 39” waist (Around Belly Button). Based on Schott’s fit guide on their website I’d be a 44 for a slim and even very slim fit. I’m looking for a slimmer fit as I will not use this jacket for riding due to the amount of metal on the front of it and the fact that I ride sport bikes where you are bent over the tank. In fact it will likely very, very seldomly even be zipped up.

However I had Schott e-mail me the more detailed measurements and based on their table it seems as though I can fit a 40 due to it having a PTP of 22” (44” In Total) and a Sweep of 19.75” (39.5 In Total). I would guess that would be pushing it only leaving half an inch in the chest and the waist.

I have a waxed canvas jacket that is very thin (unlined) and it has a PTP of 21.5”. I wear it and am able to do it up, however you always know you have it on as there is not a lot of room in it (T-Shirt or Very Thin Sweater only) and it rides up in the armpits. Another jacket that I have that is also thin with a 23” PTP measurement has plenty of room in it almost too much room for the fitted style of it.

I feel that I don’t have a good enough understanding of how much space on the PTP you lose due to leather thickness and lining. I don’t have the availability to try on Schott Jackets for a reference so greatly appreciate any advice!!

Thanks In Advance!

Last edited:

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Hi There!

Hate to revive an older thread but thought that activity a few months ago was still relatively current.

I’m looking at picking up a 613SH and am curious about the chest measurements & jacket size of actual owners of either the 613s or 613sh. I see there are a handful of actual owners posting in the thread here.

I’m 5’ 10”, 185 Lbs, with a 43.5” Chest and a 39” waist (Around Belly Button). Based on Schott’s fit guide on their website I’d be a 44 for a slim and even very slim fit. I’m looking for a slimmer fit as I will not use this jacket for riding due to the amount of metal on the front of it and the fact that I ride sport bikes where you are bent over the tank. In fact it will likely very, very seldomly even be zipped up.

However I had Schott e-mail me the more detailed measurements and based on their table it seems as though I can fit a 40 due to it having a PTP of 22” (44” In Total) and a Sweep of 19.75” (39.5 In Total). I would guess that would be pushing it only leaving half an inch in the chest and the waist.

I have a waxed canvas jacket that is very thin (unlined) and it has a PTP of 21.5”. I wear it and am able to do it up, however you always know you have it on as there is not a lot of room in it (T-Shirt or Very Thin Sweater only) and it rides up in the armpits.

I feel that I don’t have a good enough understanding of how much space on the PTP you lose due to leather thickness and lining. I don’t have the availability to try on Schott Jackets for a reference so greatly appreciate any advice!!

Thanks In Advance!
Ducs, We are practically identical in size although I might have you by an inch in the waist (40). I have 613sh jackets in both size 42 and 44. They both look really good and I would be hard pressed to have to pick between the two. I bought the 44 first and can wear a sweater or sweatshirt underneath it for colder days but it doesn’t look or feel too big with just a t-shirt. The measurements are: chest 23, waist (almost) 21), shoulder 19, length 24.75.

Because I loved the first one and wanted an even snugger look for summer t-shirt weather, I bought a 42 thinking I could just resell it if it didn’t work out. When I tried it on, I couldn’t believe how good the fit was…exactly how a Perfecto is supposed to look! The measurements on the 42 are as follows: chest 22, waist 20.5, shoulder 18.5, length (almost 25).

Both of these are worn on the bike and casually and either would work for you. The 613sh cut isn’t quite as generous as a 618 in the shoulders so I’d keep that measurement in mind since all the other ones are in your range.

Last edited:

Ducs_Of_Hazzard

New in Town
Thanks for the reply madhouse!

It is interesting to compare your 42 & 44 sizing to the table Schott sent me.

They say the 42 is Chest - 23, Sweep - 20.75, Cross Shoulder - 18.38

They say the 40 is Chest - 22, Sweep - 19.75, Cross Shoulder - 17.75

So it seems that your models are a bit of a mix of what the currently are making. I actually like the sizing of your 42!!

I like the chest of the 40 they are currently making but am concerned about the Sweep and Cross Shoulder. What’s nice about you’re 42 is that you have the 22” chest with a bit wider sweep (Waist) and Shoulders.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the reply madhouse!

It is interesting to compare your 42 & 44 sizing to the table Schott sent me.

They say the 42 is Chest - 23, Sweep - 20.75, Cross Shoulder - 18.38

They say the 40 is Chest - 22, Sweep - 19.75, Cross Shoulder - 17.75

So it seems that your models are a bit of a mix of what the currently are making. I actually like the sizing of your 42!!

I like the chest of the 40 they are currently making but am concerned about the Sweep and Cross Shoulder. What’s nice about you’re 42 is that you have the 22” chest with a bit wider sweep (Waist) and Shoulders.
The 613sh really is an impressive jacket! I think the entire Schott Perfecto line could use a little more aggressive drop. In a perfect world I’d have the shoulders and a bit more chest from my 44 and the slimmer waist from my 42. I actually think the 618hh may be a little better for my build in the “cut“ department, but I like the classic look of a collar with no snaps and I have yet to see a 618hh with the same thick luxurious horsehide they‘re using for these new 613sh jackets. It’s scary good!

mumpy

A-List Customer
With a 43.5 inch chest you will never fit in a 40. Even with a pit to pit of 22 you have to accomodate for the thickness of the leather and the lining as well.

I have a 39.5/40 inch chest and wear a 40 in the pictures. I can layer with a hoodie as well but not a very thick one. I could fit in a 38 for a t-shirt only fit.

Your minimum size would be 42 for t-shirt only fit/thin henley type of thing.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Hi There!

I have a waxed canvas jacket that is very thin (unlined) and it has a PTP of 21.5”. I wear it and am able to do it up, however you always know you have it on as there is not a lot of room in it (T-Shirt or Very Thin Sweater only) and it rides up in the armpits. Another jacket that I have that is also thin with a 23” PTP measurement has plenty of room in it almost too much room for the fitted style of it.

Thanks In Advance!

Wow!

I have a 42" chest and wear the 613SH in size 44. Couldnt go lower than that either.

Ducs_Of_Hazzard

New in Town
Thanks @Madhouse27, @mumpy, @Tom71!

Also thanks for the votes on their replies @Aloysius, @Marc mndt, @Jasonissm!

I think I will go with the 42 as this will be a fair weather jacket so I don’t mind if it fits me like a second layer of skin. To be fair I do wear a jacket with measurements that are a tad smaller than the 42 613sh measurements in every area (Chest, Sweep, Shoulders, Arms) and it does not look too small on me.

I do agree I would never be able to make the 40 work for my frame. 42 is the smallest I could go.

Thanks All!!

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars

I think I will go with the 42 as this will be a fair weather jacket so I don’t mind if it fits me like a second layer of skin. To be fair I do wear a jacket with measurements that are a tad smaller than the 42 613sh measurements in every area (Chest, Sweep, Shoulders, Arms) and it does not look too small on me.

I do agree I would never be able to make the 40 work for my frame. 42 is the smallest I could go.

Thanks All!!
Great decision!

Jasonissm

Practically Family

Thanks All!!
Good choice, I'm about the same chest measurement and I usually take size 42 in general.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Dragging this thread out…. Really thinking hard about picking up a new 613sh. Can anyone with the experience tell me how this hide compares in weight/thickness/hand compared to Lewis Leathers standard horse? I really loved my Dominator(had to move it on for length reasons), but felt it was pretty light weight. I know not to expect CXL or LW levels, but is it somewhere in Vicenza territory?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dragging this thread out…. Really thinking hard about picking up a new 613sh. Can anyone with the experience tell me how this hide compares in weight/thickness/hand compared to Lewis Leathers standard horse? I really loved my Dominator(had to move it on for length reasons), but felt it was pretty light weight. I know not to expect CXL or LW levels, but is it somewhere in Vicenza territory?

I find it comparable in thickness/stiffness to CXL FQHH but the temper is quite different. It seems to me closest to LW’s horsehide, as far as offerings from other makers go.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

That’s a tough one. I’d say very comparable to LLs standard horse pre 2020. The later years are pretty plasticky and have nothing to do with the leather on my 613SH.

I have an older „Lightning“ in a very nice horsehide, that‘s pretty substantrial. As far as „temper“ goes, I’d say it comes close to the Schott.

It surely Is not lightweight.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
That’s good to know.. I’ve only had the one LL purchased new in 22. Beautiful jacket, but on the light side for sure, to the point where I feel like the quilted liner was influencing the shape of the jacket in some places. I’m ok with lighter weight, but preferably in combination with a thin lining.
Trigger is pulled on the 613sh. Now hoping I chose the right size on the first try!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
That’s good to know.. I’ve only had the one LL purchased new in 22. Beautiful jacket, but on the light side for sure, to the point where I feel like the quilted liner was influencing the shape of the jacket in some places. I’m ok with lighter weight, but preferably in combination with a thin lining.
Trigger is pulled on the 613sh. Now hoping I chose the right size on the first try!

Awesome! You got the proper Rock‘n‘Roll vibe going on, so that’s gonna be another great jacket for you.

(Always preferred Motörhead over The Ramones, so I considered myself a Lewis Leather guy. The ‚Lightning‘ is a great jacket, and as close to ‚The Perfect X-Zip‘ as can be. Can’t deny that for the time being, I am grabbing the Schott much more.).

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
I couldn’t resist with Schott’s 15 percent off for Cyber Monday ...

I’ve always liked the look of the Lightning. Im sure I’ll own another Dominator in the future. I love the pattern. I picked up a brown sheep skin second hand with a back length of 26” which felt way too long. Next one was a new black one in horse with a back length of just under 24” which I couldn’t vibe with either. I’m just dipping my toes into cross zips.. bought and quickly sold an older standard 613, and again with the sub 24” back length I couldn’t get along with. I have high hopes for the 613sh.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
I couldn’t resist with Schott’s 15 percent off for Cyber Monday ...

I’ve always liked the look of the Lightning. Im sure I’ll own another Dominator in the future. I love the pattern. I picked up a brown sheep skin second hand with a back length of 26” which felt way too long. Next one was a new black one in horse with a back length of just under 24” which I couldn’t vibe with either. I’m just dipping my toes into cross zips.. bought and quickly sold an older standard 613, and again with the sub 24” back length I couldn’t get along with. I have high hopes for the 613sh.
What size did you get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner