Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hideous Avatar

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Is my avatar really bothering folks? [huh]

Should I change it? :rolleyes:

Nobody really cares do they... I'm on most ignore lists aren't I? :eusa_doh:

It's a wax model, BTW, not a real sunburn. :eek:

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Having been accused by some (MK) as having a hideous avatar myself, I think yours makes mine look great and therefore, I vote for it's continued use! ;)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
well, it's not exactly the most prettiest thing I've gazed upon, but I have seen worse...your avatar changes pretty frequently, so I just figure it'll be gone sone anyways ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I thought it was one of those corpses preserved with some sort of silicone alchemy and exhibited around the globe. You know, the peeled guy on a peeled horse, etc.
Really. Thought it was a closeup of a peeled guy.

So yeah, for me? I'd say do something nicer.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
The guy who makes his money with these corpses is a complete freak, and he's not a real hat wearer, but a grudging still-better-than-showing-my-dome-and-anyway-I'm-an-artist one. (In my opinion, lawers, in my opinion.)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
He was exhibiting peeled bald executed Chinese Freaks?
Man. Sick and wrong.

How about a nice HAT avatar, jake_fink? Your smiling (unpeeled) mug perhaps... This one is just creeping me out, cause it looks like a Peeled Guy.

Just sayin'

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
I thought it was one of those corpses preserved with some sort of silicone alchemy and exhibited around the globe. You know, the peeled guy on a peeled horse, etc.
Really. Thought it was a closeup of a peeled guy.

So yeah, for me? I'd say do something nicer.

Thanks so much, Scot. I really needed that laugh! Peeled guy!! What channels does your mind run on that you thought of that?? ha ha ha ha ha
I guess the same channels as Jake's. Peeled guy!!!!!!! Ha ha chuckle, guffaw, ha ha ha

Seriously funny! lol lol lol lol lol

The avatar is rather creepy, though....peeled guy!!! ha ha ha ha ha

Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
The guy who makes his money with these corpses is a complete freak.

He is, but the money from his exhibition goes toward paying for the plastic preparation itself (which is quite expensive). Those models go to medical schools all over the world; they educate students (and laypersons like us) very effectively.

Anatomists find the human body beautiful in all its layers. Why, I wonder, don't we?

The corpses were donated by their ex-inhabitants, who believed in the project and understood that their anonymous bodies would be viewed in perpetuity by others.

Is there any problem with this?

An explanation straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.koerperwelten.de/en/pages/ausstellungsziel.asp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24