Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman 3.5 months old

Dav

One Too Many
Good afternoon
Just thought I'd post a thread about my Highwayman as a couple of members seemed interested when I posted a photo in another thread.
I didn't do so before as at the time of arrival there was a couple of other threads on the same jacket, combined with the fact that my camera was playing up so some of my pictures didn't save properly.
So the order was placed through the Aero website on 4th March 2010 and arrived at my door on 15th June 2010 just in time for it being to hot to wear it, but I persevered by wearing it in the house, walking the dog later at night and earlier in the morning in order to get it broken in, and I have to say that the warm weather certainly seemed to help with that as it was no where near as difficult to break as I had anticipated, well 3.5 months later the weather has got cooler and I'm very happy with the result.

The order was
Highwayman Brown FQHH
Size 42 (my chest 41" exhaled 42.5" inhaled in a T-shirt)
Body length 26.5"
Sleeve length 26.5"
Brown Alpaca lining in body
Brown cotton drill in sleeves
Lining pockets left and right
Vintage brass zips and buckles
Storm cuffs left in

I must admit when it first arrived it did feel a little large with just a T-shirt on but as I had requested the room to be able to layer underneath I stuck with it. I know a lot of people like a nice trim fit especially when riding but I don't own a bike anymore so was quite happy with a more casual fit.
And finally some pictures
022.jpg

023.jpg

0202.jpg

0292.jpg

029.jpg

036.jpg

After a few months wear
0193.jpg

0224.jpg

0213.jpg

014.jpg

Thanks for looking
Dav

Navin323i

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket, Dav!! I'm so happy for you, bro. It's great to finally picture a face with your screen name, and the jacket definitely looks great on you.

Funny thing... you and I ordered and received our jackets around the same time (though I ordered thru Mark at Aeroleather USA)... I ordered my jacket on March 18, 2010 and received my jacket on June 8, 2010.

Except for the part about you walking your dog with your jacket on, I pretty much employed the same break-in technique as you did by simply wearing my jacket inside my house doing various tasks... basically anything where you move your arms... playing table tennis in my jacket also really helped the break in (though I couldn't wear it for too long before getting really hot, LOL).

But yeah, I can definitely sympathize with you when you and I received the jacket in June and not being able to wear it outdoors much due to the heat. :D

Enjoy your jacket in the very best of health, my friend.

Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
Forgot to ask you... I noticed an extra label on the inside of your jacket in between the Aero label and the horsehide label... what does it say? Also, who made your jacket? Moira made mine.

Rawky

One of the Regulars
Definitely my next jacket of purchase. Thanks for the info and pics Dav. Good stuff that its getting nice and chilly in the south west eh? ;)

Dav

One Too Many
Navin323i said:
Forgot to ask you... I noticed an extra label on the inside of your jacket in between the Aero label and the horsehide label... what does it say? Also, who made your jacket? Moira made mine.

Hi Navin
As Griff said the other label is the Alpaca label.
The jacket was made by Claire Forsyth I think, I'm not to good with reading signatures, the label in the pocket just says CF.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Dav said:
Hi Navin
As Griff said the other label is the Alpaca label.
The jacket was made by Claire Forsyth I think, I'm not to good with reading signatures, the label in the pocket just says CF.

Thanks for the clarification... so the label says that the interior is made of Alpaca? I don't think I've ever seen that label before... from a distance I can sort of make out the picture of an alpaca animal.

I laughed when you said the label in the pocket says "CF". To me, whenever I see those initials I immediately think "carbon fiber" since my partly mechanical heart is made from it. :D

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
On Marks picturetrail there is picture:
88444433.jpg

I was looking forward to this label in my Cheyenne, but due to some unknown reason they didnt put it in.

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Looks Awesome...

Dav,

The jacket looks like it is breaking in wonderfully.

I ordered a Highwayman about a month ago and I'm getting really anxious.. As I was reading your jacket order details I realized it almost mirrored mine.. I only hope my jacket will fit me as well as yours does on you.

Do you mind if I ask a question about the body and sleeve length you ordered? I was recommended by Aero to order a size 42 with 1" additional sleeve and 1.5" additional body.. how does that match to the 26.5" you ordered? I'm not really sure what "stock" size 42 measurements are.

Thanks.

Windward

Practically Family
YES !! It melts . . . .

Dav - thanks for these impressive pics!
What an interesting development...and a good example for: FQHH "melts to your body!"

Dav

One Too Many
Chi-Town Co said:
Dav,
Do you mind if I ask a question about the body and sleeve length you ordered? I was recommended by Aero to order a size 42 with 1" additional sleeve and 1.5" additional body.. how does that match to the 26.5" you ordered? I'm not really sure what "stock" size 42 measurements are.
Thanks.
HI Chi-Town Co
I'm not certain what the stock 42 measurements are, I think the body is 25-ish and the same for the arms. When I first enquired about the order I just told Amanda what lengths I wanted.
If I'm honest looking at my pictures now its broken in somwwhat I could have used an extra 1" in the sleeve but it doesn't feel short when worn.
Having said that tho I think the storm cuffs are playing a role in where the sleeve rests so another inch might just mean more creases in the arm.
Thanks to everyone for your comments by the way:)

Aether

One of the Regulars
Very nice Dav. Now its broken in somewhat it looks spot on, probably the nicest jacket in Somerset (apart from when I'm visiting the family in Taunton;)).

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Looks really good on you. Normally I don't like this style of jacket all that much - and I guess when it works, it's a lot to do with who wears it and how it is worn. As I see it, it helps to be tall and thin. :) Daniel Craig wears one and I don't think it works because he is so chunky and the jacket so boxy. Hugh Laurie wears one in real life and it looks great on him, far better than the Dr House Vanson, I reckon.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Windward said:
Dav - thanks for these impressive pics!
What an interesting development...and a good example for: FQHH "melts to your body!"

I definitely agree with you, Windward... FQHH definitely does seem to melt to our bodies. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner