Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather Co.

Laugh away HD, I'm actually chuckling alongside. I'm sure I'll want another. But not comprising will (slightly) alleviate that, I hope. The jackets I'm looking here are all wonderful (but not cheap Butte LoL), and will probably be the one I bring home. But, since I was offered a Himel on loan, I figure I'd better check it out.

I think that's fantastic..being able to check out a Himel Heron first hand to help you decide! Then if it works..you've found 'the one'. If it's too radical..you also have something else to fall back on! Who knows..you just might find the perfect jacket the first time out! Then you can have the last laugh on all of us mail order migrants. Good Luck!
Hell..you might tempt all of us to sell out(again)..and head to Himel..!:eusa_doh:
HD

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Them Himel's seem über nice, and I envy those owners... But for me (and I'm only speaking for myself) I think I'd rather own two JC jackets (or maybe one JC and one Diamond Dave)... But then again, I only have one back to place these darn jackets :lol :

Last edited:
You made your point very clear and many times:) Unless he is asking you for a loan let him enjoy his purchase. Thanks
My post - with emoticon - was in reference to the relatively cheap jacket in Japan - a step down as it were... Thanks though. While it may not have been funny, it wasn't intended to be mean spirited. Appreciate the suggestion and all...

Them Himel's seem über nice, and I envy those owners... But for me (and I'm only speaking for myself) I think I'd rather own two JC jackets (or maybe one JC and one Diamond Dave)... But then again, I only have one back to place these darn jackets :lol :
If you use that as a standard, you're doomed to saving money. lol

Very cool to read that. One does not know the work involved in am endeavor like this. Those cape skins sure are hard to come by. The jacket John L posted is similar to the jacket I have and pics from mojo. I suppose if I could get a crazy vintage looking piece like that I could sell off a couple others to replace. The numbers are shocking, but I'll wait to see yours first.

Graemsay

Practically Family
From what the Himelator is saying, it sounds as though he's got high input costs into the construction of his jackets. If he's got a team of three, salaries of around $30 per hour, and is producing four or five jackets a week then labour costs could be on the order of $700 to $900 apiece.

John Chapman is a smaller operation, and so probably has lower overheads. Aero are bigger and have more economies of scale.

I like the look of the jackets, am not sure if the boxy cut would suit my shape, but would like to see one in the flesh before passing judgement. The blog mentions European stockists, and there's a like to VMC, so perhaps I'll get a chance eventually.

767fo

One of the Regulars
Nice find HD. My search for "Himel" didn't bring that one up.

Here are a few pics of a prototype Heron Dave has made in Buffalo hide. I'm not sure but I think it was modeled from a vintage Levi's jacket. I have been following Dave's work for some time and I am now in the process of getting a Heron made. I have been fortunate to own a few jackets from John at Good Wear and Dave shares his passion to produce some of the nicest vintage garments. I look forward to seeing what we come up with. Below are also a few pics of Dave's most recent hide he has sourced from Japan. I will post pics when the Heron arrives. Thanks

7122be4c0184f2e528995ca6d9d8a5bd.jpg

f7ee8433cb6469f30749df5fd867d8fd.jpg

e9e342d93ccb831c59078bd44770783b.jpg

c793c59f540d10ccd6e3775e7ac55772.jpg

a130a6ef9a57baa5b04cb8f453d2381a.jpg

767fo

One of the Regulars
Wow! That's a beautiful jacket and hide...
What App do I use to get shots of myself like yours?

I'm not sure I understand your question. I downloaded the pics off the Himel bros website and uploaded them into photoshop to post here.

I'm not sure I understand your question. I downloaded the pics off the Himel bros website and uploaded them into photoshop to post here.

My misunderstanding. I thought that was you in the fit shots of the Canuck. Everyone seems to get great pics of themselves in their awesome jackets, and I just can't get any good ones (self timer ends up being a disaster) ;-)

Edward

Bartender
I like the fur.... though the jacket would probably be more practical without it. I really like the Himel jackets. One day I would like to buy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21