Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather Co.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Not a fan of the fur on this at all - seasonal though (puts me in mind of what Santa Claus might wear when getting off the sleigh to get on a bike...).
Ho, ho, ho...

Ishmael

Practically Family
A lot of different images spring to mind with the white fur. The pockets look like rabbit's feet to me. And, since the jacket is goatskin, I keep thinking of the collar as the former beard of a billygoat.

Minus the fur, I think a two tone heron is a really cool nod to a "varsity" jacket, but without looking like you're trying to get back to your high school glory days, or like you should have a giant letter on your chest with wrestling medals pinned on.

Seriously considering a two tone Heron for my next jacket, whenever that may be........

Qinhan

Familiar Face
IMG_3496.jpg

My little contribution to this thread. Let me just say that I'm a huge fan of David Himel's work and can't recommend his jackets highly enough.

Qinhan

Familiar Face
Thanks Ishmael! The materials, finishing and craftsmanship on Himel jackets are superb and I'm really happy with my Heron.

Qinhan

Familiar Face
Sorry, couldn't resist. I was just being mischievious but I'm glad that you took it with good humour the way it was intended.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sorry, couldn't resist. I was just being mischievious but I'm glad that you took it with good humour the way it was intended.

Ah, ignore me. I have an Aero LHB in the pipeline - I'm expecting it sometime next week - so I'm feeling particularly protective of them. At least I'll know for sure that it used to whinny.

Ishmael

Practically Family
David Himel was showcased in a previous edition of the Japanese magazine "Clutch", and also in the newest edition (v.11). Only a very short article on Himel Bros, but he's pictured on the cover in a herringbone tweed Heron (a-1) w/leather collar, cuffs and pockets, and alongside a woman in a brown Heron.

12201822_50d2d8c67b596_zps522e5759.jpg

http://www.sideriver.com/ec/products/detail.php?product_id=17316

Also some sneak pics in this edition of the Freewheelers new leather line-up!

Last edited:

Qinhan

Familiar Face
Nice stuff. Thanks for posting, Ishmael. I'd love to know what "Clutch" have to say about HB. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the new Freewheelers' pieces either.

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
Ishmael

I'm not sure how you find some of this stuff but I, for one, am grateful. I've been introduced to a whole world of leather jackets that I would not have known about thanks to your "research"! :eusa_clap

I too think that David Himel is making some fine looking garments, I just wish he did some shows, etc. so I could see the products first hand (I'm having trouble with the idea of sending someone $1500 for a jacket sight unseen - maybe I'm a little shell shocked).

HH

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
David Himel was showcased in a previous edition of the Japanese magazine "Clutch", and also in the newest edition (v.11). Only a very short article on Himel Bros, but he's pictured on the cover in a herringbone tweed Heron (a-1) w/leather collar, cuffs and pockets, and alongside a woman in a brown Heron.

12201822_50d2d8c67b596_zps522e5759.jpg

http://www.sideriver.com/ec/products/detail.php?product_id=17316

Also some sneak pics in this edition of the Freewheelers new leather line-up!

I love the job Google Translate makes of the page: "the brand is supported by history and saddle Danner, which celebrated 80 years of its founding, cyclists from around the world, I am faced with the charm of Brooks." It's almost poetic.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Is it wrong that I really like this?

score%20sz%2042%20mid%20brown%20shirt.jpg

I'm not convinced that it'd be practical to wear, as it would need to be part-zipped to stop you from looking like a prat.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I kinda like it too, but there is a feeling that there was a black out in the cutting room, but the guy making the jacket just carried on regardless until the lights came on, he'd ended up with this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ