Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hollywood Jackets

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
and then......

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

flat-top

Hmmm.......I didn't think of a prize!! But I can buy you a drink!:beer: The cow print one (duh) is a repro by Geronimo ,and the brown and tan one is by Jorge in CA. That's actually part of an entire suit with two tone pants!!

Wild Root

Gone Home
AAAAAAAA! WOA! Now, where have you been keeping these all this time??? I must say, I’m green with envy! I also can see there are only a few repops which means you have a fine collection. I only have one but, damn proud of it! You must be really proud of your collection. Good show friend! I bow to your collection!

I’m impressed!

=WR=

The Wingnut

One Too Many
flat-top, that tan & brown job is VERY close to mine. Mine has leather buttons and flap pockets with reverse radius corners, however, and no breast pocket. Nicely done. What sort of material was used? Mine is a medium weight worsted wool.

flat-top

Wild Root said:
AAAAAAAA! WOA! Now, where have you been keeping these all this time??? I must say, I’m green with envy! I also can see there are only a few repops which means you have a fine collection. I only have one but, damn proud of it! You must be really proud of your collection. Good show friend! I bow to your collection!

I’m impressed!

=WR=
Awww gee, thanks man! My collection is pretty vast..and now that I finally figured out how to post pics, you guys will see some swell stuff!
flat-top

flat-top

The Wingnut said:
flat-top, that tan & brown job is VERY close to mine. Mine has leather buttons and flap pockets with reverse radius corners, however, and no breast pocket. Nicely done. What sort of material was used? Mine is a medium weight worsted wool.
I would say that this is also worsted wool. The back is the dark brown. It's one of my favs!

flat-top

resortes805 said:
Those are AMAZING!

Here's one by another repro-maker in the LA area...
amcm0189.jpg

Her website is www.reprovintageclothing.com Alot of it is late 40's-50's.
I have another jacket (I didn't take a pic of it), that's like the one pictured, but it's missing the belt.:rage: I'd like to have one made. Any seamstresses out there wanna help a guy out??;)
flat-top

kools

Practically Family
Man, this thread is right up my alley. Flat-top, those are too cool!

Here's the one I've had for about 10 years. I wear it all the time. It seems real close to Root's. I don't recall where I got it...my brain works that way.
my.php

kools

Practically Family
There's a belted Hollywood jacket at a shop in town. Just my size, but stains on the front and...$385!!!

flat-top

kools said:
There's a belted Hollywood jacket at a shop in town. Just my size, but stains on the front and...$385!!!
If it's two-tone, I'd try to talk them down on price and grab it! The two tone styles are RARE!

flat-top

Ghos7a55assin said:
Is there a specific kind of knot that they use to tie the belts?
I don't think so. Not in a big bow or anything. I'm not sure of any technical terms, but I just do the beginnings of a bow, twice!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yep.

That's how you do it. You could also say it's the first step to a square knot. I don't own one of these coats yet so, don't know the proper way to tie them but, I'm sure it's a lot like a belt to a robe.

Take a close look at this photo and you'll see it's rather easy.
amcm0189.jpg

=WR=

flat-top

Wild Root said:
That's how you do it. You could also say it's the first step to a square knot. I don't own one of these coats yet so, don't know the proper way to tie them but, I'm sure it's a lot like a belt to a robe.

=WR=
You got it!!;)

kools

Practically Family
It's not a two-tone...and this is a shop where you CANNOT talk the price down. A bunch off cool stuff, but they have shown no interest in actually selling any of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21