Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hornskov Hats - custom Danish hatter

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I've got the accessories, now I just need the hat.

Stay tuned Gary @The Shoe
:cool:
20230527_150619.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
I've got the accessories, now I just need the hat.

Stay tuned Gary @The Shoe
:cool: View attachment 520811
Can’t wait to see what youl get him to produce! But can’t you just go into the shop & get measured properly?
I haven’t seen their new hat pins close up, but I preferred the old one. They sold out of the brass version that I wanted, so I didn’t end up getting one, but Etsuko got a silver one that she has put somewhere without ever using:mad:
Does he still send candy with the size kit?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I've got the accessories, now I just need hat.

Stay tuned Gary @The Shoe :cool:
Can’t wait to see what youl get him to produce! But can’t you just go into the shop & get measured properly?
I haven’t seen their new hat pins close up, but I preferred the old one. They sold out of the brass version that I wanted, so I didn’t end up getting one, but Etsuko got a silver one that she has put somewhere without ever using :mad:
Does he still send cans/

Can’t wait!
It was my plan to go into the shop and be properly measured, but they don't use their Copenhagen base for that anymore. The town they've moved to is a bit awkward for me to get to.

I'm a bit disappointed in the pin. Seems a bit cheap looking, quality wise.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I've been on the fence about getting a Hornskov for a while, but his latest promotion got me. 30% off a custom hat with a deposit today. I'll probably wait until fall is a little closer but I'm excited to work with Peter.
Having purchased a few of his hats before, I got advanced warning of the promotion. I was sorely tempted (I spent a good few minutes looking at the Diamond and the Alberti!), but I’m in line for a Gannon and just couldn’t justify the cost of another custom hat.
I’m sure you’ll be happy with whatever you end up going with.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I've been on the fence about getting a Hornskov for a while, but his latest promotion got me. 30% off a custom hat with a deposit today. I'll probably wait until fall is a little closer but I'm excited to work with Peter.
And now you’ve got me at it again. I’ve just been playing around with his custom hat designer between these posts. I wish this promotion would hurry up and expire!

Having purchased a few of his hats before, I got advanced warning of the promotion. I was sorely tempted (I spent a good few minutes looking at the Diamond and the Alberti!), but I’m in line for a Gannon and just couldn’t justify the cost of another custom hat.

I too received the email for the sale and gave it some thought. He makes a nice hat, and the 30% off was a temptation. In the end, I decided I have enough irons in the fire. You just can’t have them all. :)

StoryPNW

Practically Family
I really like the Diamond too, and his Explorer speaks to me as well. I'll see what I come up with on the custom side though, but I'm not really in a rush since I have up to a year to use my deposit.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Blimey! They’ve started up the campaign again for another 50 hats. I seriously looked at jumping out of the Gannon queue and into the Hornskov one. I found, though, that even with the discount, it would cost about the same as a Gannon of the same grade (100% beaver). I’m looking at all the bells and whistles for the Gannon (wind trolley, perforated sweat band), so it will probably be a little more in the end. I think this is most likely my last custom hat, though. I figure our enablers here on the lounge come up with enough nice offerings in my size that I don’t need to go custom. Now, if the yen would just bounce back a little.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Well, on further investigation, I found that the Gannon would actually cost me significantly more than a Hornskov, especially with shipping considered in (Michael said around $70 to Japan). As much as I’d like a Gannon, I’ve just paid my Hornskov deposit, and sent Michael an apologetic email canceling my order.

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Well, on further investigation, I found that the Gannon would actually cost me significantly more than a Hornskov, especially with shipping considered in (Michael said around $70 to Japan). As much as I’d like a Gannon, I’ve just paid my Hornskov deposit, and sent Michael an apologetic email canceling my order.
Understandable, are you going to go full custom in your next Hornskov or are you going to base your hat off an existing style? Have you decided yet?

The Shoe

One Too Many
Understandable, are you going to go full custom in your next Hornskov or are you going to base your hat off an existing style? Have you decided yet?
Undecided as yet. As I mentioned earlier, I like the Diamond and the Alberti. I definitely want a grosgrain ribbon (that old chestnut!). It looks like either ”silk grosgrain” or “vintage grosgrain” in his custom menu. The modern grosgrain looks to be petersham. I may also reach out to Peter about different coloured felts. The Alberti used to be a reshapable hat but now it appears as a diamond crown. I may ask for an open crown Alberti. Who knows!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner