Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hornskov Hats - custom Danish hatter

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I didn’t adjust the specs from the Hornskov page. Tall crown and 7cm brim. The only things I changed were to use vintage grosgrain ribbon rather than petersham, and to add a wind trolley. The Hornskov customisation page defines a tall crown as 12-15cm.
Sadly, this will be my last Hornskov. I’ve just checked the price and to get the same hat made again would cost me almost three times what I paid. In fact, I don’t see another custom hat in my future (though Steve’s @Steve1857 Wolfbrae pork pie does give me pause…I seem to recall that was a Tonak felt, right Steve?). I think I’ll just rely on the likes of Stefan, Brent, and Daniele from here on in.
Thanks Gary. That is one hefty price increase. I suppose we will all have to ban together and convince Robert @belfastboy to invest in some nice Black Cherry felts.

Thanks Gary. That is one hefty price increase. I suppose we will all have to ban together and convince Robert @belfastboy to invest in some nice Black Cherry felts.

Between Wolfbrae, Gannon, T. Jones, and Randall’s Triple R Hattery I have all my custom fedora needs met. I do keep an eye on Hufvud’s Marketplace for discounted hats in my size. I just can’t see paying $750 for a Hornskov, but I’m sure he has a lot of customers who love his hats and are fine paying that price.

I am hoping that once FEPSA opens their online store we will have access to a wider range of colours AND at better pricing. The FEPSA distributor does not bring in the Black Cherry colour.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Oh yes, we have several great hatters in our midst.

Between Wolfbrae, Gannon, T. Jones, and Randall’s Triple R Hattery I have all my custom fedora needs met. I do keep an eye on Hufvud’s Marketplace for discounted hats in my size. I just can’t see paying $750 for a Hornskov, but I’m sure he has a lot of customers who love his hats and are fine paying that price.

I wish I could have included Rick Walker of Phoenix Hat Co. fame. I miss seeing Rick @humanshoes and I wish him well whatever he’s up to.
I wore one of his creations the other day. It is such a damn fine hat.....Rick has mad skills and I miss him....as a hatter and a great guy. Not that he has passed but just not part of the hat scene these days.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Rick developed a large following in a short perod time. I wore my Chocolate Phoenix last week and I need to break out my Natural next week. Has anyone heard from him in a while, hope he is doing OK.

I wish I could have included Rick Walker of Phoenix Hat Co. fame. I miss seeing Rick @humanshoes and I wish him well whatever he’s up to.

20200204_091530.jpg 20200508_195444.jpg

Edward

Bartender
My Christmas present came up on the Hornskov Facebook and Instagram pages today.
“Custom 'Emissary' in Black Cherry pure beaver fur felt with a Midnight vintage Grosgrain ribbon & a wind cord.”
View attachment 563011 View attachment 563012 View attachment 563013
It’s on its way to Japan, but I still have to wait for over a month before I get it on my head.:(

Stunning colour! Nice details, too. I love the look of a wind trolley. It's very rare I ever actually use it (if I know it's going to be that windy when I leave the house in the morning, I do tend to reach for a cap instead), but I love the look of it as a detail on the hat. Brim binding is a nice touch too.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Stunning colour! Nice details, too. I love the look of a wind trolley. It's very rare I ever actually use it (if I know it's going to be that windy when I leave the house in the morning, I do tend to reach for a cap instead), but I love the look of it as a detail on the hat. Brim binding is a nice touch too.
Thanks, Edward.
I wore one of my other Hornskovs today, the Mogul in Natural beaver/bunny blend.
IMG_2038.jpeg
IMG_2039.jpeg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
My Christmas present came up on the Hornskov Facebook and Instagram pages today.
“Custom 'Emissary' in Black Cherry pure beaver fur felt with a Midnight vintage Grosgrain ribbon & a wind cord.”
View attachment 563011 View attachment 563012 View attachment 563013
It’s on its way to Japan, but I still have to wait for over a month before I get it on my head.:(
Wow! Love that one, Gary. I may just have to say to Peter, "make me one like that, please."

I'm still digging your Mogul, too.

Decisions, decisions.

The Shoe

One Too Many
That is a beautiful hat. It’s a fantastic version of black cherry too.
Thanks Brent.
You probably remember I was looking all over the Lounge for another example of a FEPSA Black Cherry, but couldn’t find one. Is this close to the old Winchester Black Cherry that everyone waxes lyrical about?
You do know you will need to check it to be sure it fits!!!!!!
I’ve used that trick in the past. I don’t think it will get past Etsuko this time!
Nice hat and great color! Enjoy it!
Thanks Marcel.
I dig it! Merry Christmas Gary!
Ta Bob!
Wow! Love that one, Gary. I may just have to say to Peter, "make me one like that, please."

I'm still digging your Mogul, too.

Decisions, decisions.
Thanks Steve. Feel free. I really like the Mogul. Not quite the presence of my other Hornskovs, but (I think) very classy.

Thanks Brent.
You probably remember I was looking all over the Lounge for another example of a FEPSA Black Cherry, but couldn’t find one. Is this close to the old Winchester Black Cherry that everyone waxes lyrical about?

I think your hat is a nicer color than the old version of Winchester’s black cherry. Your hat isn’t as dark and I like it better.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
The Black Cherry must be a tough color to mix or maybe it is more dependent on the felt. It seems like it changes a little bit from year to year. I wish both of mine had more red. My VS is particularly dark.

20231124_195519.jpg

I think your hat is a nicer color than the old version of Winchester’s black cherry. Your hat isn’t as dark and I like it better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo