Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween lux

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Its been a while since I've posted and this seems to be a good time to share. This is my first experience with lux and I really like it, I usually gravitate to thick and heavy. This jacket isn't light at 6lbs, but it isn't a l.w. 10lb. Any way this leather is soft right out of the box its already creasing and showing changes to the leather after several hours of wear way different than im used to. I wanted to try a tea core leather. It smells great , soft hand, to me its luxurious leather. Im interested in seeing it age. It is 3.5 ounce. The color is a matte black to me with a hue glowing under the surface in the right lighting. The pattern is a jacket s.b. did for standard and strange a natural hh. Its a roadster/cafe racer hybrid. I love the back with the yoke and gussets.. The fit is great 44- 23.5 pit 21waist un cinched. It is a little squeaky. The hard ware is nickel riri main and the pockets/sleeves riri ball chain which i really like. Here is the standard &strange pic then the one in lux.
15995965591113076824576411254451.jpg
20201221_141446.jpg
20201221_142500.jpg
20201221_142631.jpg
20201221_142608.jpg
20201221_142300.jpg
20201221_142323.jpg
20201221_142156.jpg
20201221_142138.jpg

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fantastic jacket. Love the Riri zippers. I really love the rear V yoke.
I always wondered about Lux and you have given the answer. Reminds me of Clayton leather which is soft to the touch, pliable, substantial but also not in the 4oz LW genre.
And may I say I have a real preference for those shoulder yokes. Gives just the extra movement I like in shoulder mobility, which of course is needed with leather that is reasonably thick.
Well done!

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I always wondered about Lux and you have given the answer. Reminds me of Clayton leather which is soft to the touch, pliable, substantial but also not in the 4oz LW genre.
And may I say I have a real preference for those shoulder yokes. Gives just the extra movement I like in shoulder mobility, which of course is needed with leather that is reasonably thick.
Well done!
I'm digging this hide and thats mainly why I wanted to share my experience with it. Its taking shape quickly. When ton bought a similar jacket off the classifieds I was waiting on this (s.b. was waiting on a lux shipment) an it made me want mine quicker! The one ton bought was without gussets is the difference.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Well done!
I never handled the clayton personally but I wanted to try it, im sure its nice, I am glad I tried this, I would encourage anyone to try it. The gussets make all the difference concerning ease of movement that, an the lux combo makes it a jacket I could live in. Im using your sleep in it method tonight, Thx for the moulding secret btw

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Spectacular jacket mate. I have a couple of black goat Simmons Bilt , a J100 and a Nebraska. I LOVE them !
Both of mine were "collaboration" with Proconsul of LA. ebay purchases out of Alabama just over 1 year ago.

Do you ride ? Sorry if I have missed that in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner