Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween MILANO Horsehide in Havana Brown

Drdan

Familiar Face
Steve Toohey of Simmons Bilt sent me a photo of a jacket made in this new Horween hide. I decided to have an SB Vintage Half Belt made with this new creation. According to Steve, "... The other photo is of a new leather we developed from Horween, Milan horsehide Havana brown with is veg tan, this is not as heavy as Lux but a little more rigid but does not require a great deal of break in as its medium weight."

I will post more information as I have it, and I will post photos of the jacket once it arrives.

Horween Milano HH in Havana Brown developed by Simmons Bilt.jpg

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
Just received a jacket in milan horsehide, its beautiful stuff, all the depth of colour and texture of the Horween Chromexcel Horsehide but a bit more pliability, the stiffness of the Chromexcel was one of its drawbacks, the Milan, for me, is an improvement without comprising.

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
I'm getting a week or so of wear in it before taking pics and will add some in the next few days. At this stage I would say its probably my favourite leather to date, I have had various Aero, Eastman & Lewis jackets and the Horween Milan is very close to FQHH, just that tiny bit more pliable but with the a totally different depth of colour to the CXL FQHH stuff, the colour of the brown is more like Eastmans brown warhorse. I had an Eastman 27752 A2 and really loved the colour of the leather and this is close but with the bonus of it being a thicker hide that looks like its going to age beautifully.

Hh121

Banned
what's the real name of this hide, you can find this name in Horween full tannage list

Liam33

New in Town
I'm getting a week or so of wear in it before taking pics and will add some in the next few days. At this stage I would say its probably my favourite leather to date, I have had various Aero, Eastman & Lewis jackets and the Horween Milan is very close to FQHH, just that tiny bit more pliable but with the a totally different depth of colour to the CXL FQHH stuff, the colour of the brown is more like Eastmans brown warhorse. I had an Eastman 27752 A2 and really loved the colour of the leather and this is close but with the bonus of it being a thicker hide that looks like its going to age beautifully.

Hi Corsair, wondering if you’re still enjoying your horween Milan and how it’s been aging? Did you ever get a chance to take some photos? I’m considering using this leather for a custom jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB