Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot water soalked/dryed new ELC PH

416rigby

New in Town
Now before the screams or cheers let me say----
I am an Old Soldier, dealing with Agent Orange (dioxin) caused cancer----- not lookin' for sympathy, hell no!, just establishing my station in life hahahahahah

I purchased a super, just as advertised, "pre owned/new" ELC PH A2 size 46 from a member here. It was a bit blousy and since I had washed a "stinky" house ELC with super results (cold water, Woolite, air dry) I deceided to enter the "forbidden zone"

Solaked the jacket in a tub of, as hot as it comes out hot tap, water till it was fully wet and chamois soft. Gentely squeezed out the bulk of the water. Put it with a huge terry towell in a large home dryer on high. Checked often for 15 min. At 15 min the outside was most part dry but not hot. Turned inside out, back in with a dry towel for 5 min. Lining and knits dry but not hot. Right side out for 2 min to get it used to being that way hahahah.
Hung it outside on a huge shouldered hanger in shade at about 75 F and windy. Checked inside sleves often and felt cool like they were still drying. At about 6 hours all dry!

So-- the only mesurment I took was pit to pit and it came down an honest carefully measured 3/4", the surface was less shiny and showed alot more "grain" (subjective I know) The knitts showed no effect. Overall, wearing it over a light sweater with just 6 hours between trials it felt alot (subjective) trimer, wife said it looked much better also.

I know "no photos=no results" sorry if I do another, results will be fully documented. I just wanted to pass first hand experance-----knits didn't shrink up, leather at knits didn't show signs of shrinking/ puckering, the extra blousing ELC purposly put in the PH was mostally gone, still has the new smell, "brought out the grain" looked to me, was very smooth and shiny before, slightly flat and more grain/tiny wrinkles after.

I wear a ELC house 44 with a long sleve shirt, slim but not really "period" fit now this 46 is perfect with a sweater.

There Y have it.

blethook

One of the Regulars
Interesting...

With my Eastman A-2s, I found the cuffs & waistband would lose their elasticity after being exposed to water...but I guess you don't have that problem...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy