Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the lounge?

Jovan

Suspended
HadleyH said:
I found the Lounge doing a google search for 1930s movies.
I found it asking around for a good crowd for vintage stuff on Style Forum.

Hi, guys! I hope you'll put up with me... I'm more into late '50s-early '60s style than '30s or '40s.

Miss Match

New in Town
John in Covina said:
Hi & Welcome!!!! So what kinda trash about this here Lounge was said ebayer talkin'?

Oh dear....

"We do not serve girlie men, liberals or other people that are exclusive members of the Fedora Lounge and those that associate with the girly men there."

Yeah. Weird.

EDIT: (And Bartender RE-EDIT) :)

TailendCharlie

One of the Regulars
I was searching for information on a campaign hat I purchased at a estate sale,and what a pleasant surprise,I came upon the Fedora Lounge.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was pleasantly surprised to find a absolute dearth of "girlie men" on the Lounge. The men here are all confident men, of whatever persona they may have, that's manly in my book. There are some "liberals", but they're all uniformly smart and there's more than a few foaming at the mouth arch-libertarians like me.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I heard about it whilst at an RAF historical forum and thought "that's worth having a shufti at". Very pleased I found the FL, great place, good people.

Jovan

Suspended
carebear said:
I was pleasantly surprised to find a absolute dearth of "girlie men" on the Lounge. The men here are all confident men, of whatever persona they may have, that's manly in my book. There are some "liberals", but they're all uniformly smart and there's more than a few foaming at the mouth arch-libertarians like me.

lol
I don't understand what constitutes a "girly man" anymore anyways. One who doesn't slam weights and slap other dudes' asses every day? Gays? Men who aren't a "man's man"? Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but I sort of abhor that term and the whole "real man" thing considering gender roles are getting more and more blurred every day.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jovan said:
I don't understand what constitutes a "girly man" anymore anyways. One who doesn't slam weights and slap other dudes' asses every day? Gays? Men who aren't a "man's man"? Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but I sort of abhor that term and the whole "real man" thing considering gender roles are getting more and more blurred every day.

I actually hate the term "gender". People don't come in "genders", there are what, six of them identified now? :rolleyes:

Biologically people come in only two sexes, male and female. My loose definition applies to women as well and is pretty short.

Know who you are and confidently be that person. Don't complain about being driven by things beyond your control. Take responsibility for your actions. Accept your circumstances for what they are and work to change them if you don't like them. Create your own identity and hold to it. Don't be some fearful little person blown by the winds of what you think other people think you should be, don't be cocky or fake confidence to avoid dealing with your personal reality. Follow the "non-aggression principle".

To me, you can be a man's man if you are a man who likes to dress in women's clothing and prefers to have sex with other men, as long as you acknowledge that you are in fact a man, who, for whatever reason, does what he does and isn't ashamed of it.

Heck, even if you believe you ended up in the body of the wrong sex, accept it and do something about it.

No whining.

The Lounge is full of self-realized people who make deliberate choices in their lives on how they want to be and live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats