Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the lounge?

Zeropositive

Familiar Face
I found this forum through a google search on vintage ties...

great forum I will be sure to make a few new suits when I am in Hong Kong similar to these old styles and bid on a old US Navy cape for the winter in London UK just for fun...

Cheers Jules

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
How did you come to this Lounge?

I don't know if this question has ever been asked before (I'm a newbie). How did you find the Fedora Lounge. As for me, I found it by accident on my search engine as I was looking for more information about Knox hats. My first hat that I bought on Ebay. I thought I might look up its heritage and ended up here instead.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Googling "wing tips" I found a thread on the subject here. Backed up and saw that everything I loved from the period and that I'd already been into for years [film noir, hats, books from the period, old suits, vintage ties] as well as things I hadn't given a damn about, such as [I don't want to say it] and on top of that, things I had never consciously thought about [such as arm holes] had a thread (or many) here and so there were essentially huge resources to which one could get free access. Plus everyone was polite. Plus there were no politics to get messy and get tempers up. I joined and met some very nice, interesting people ... and I hope to meet more.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I think . . . I was looking for info on hats, and found a long article by Art. Like 10 pages (am I making this up?). Anyway, I bookmarked the page and forgot about it. Then maybe a year later I was deleting old bookmarks and saw the link, and thought, "Why don't I just look at this before I make it go poof." So I did, and now I'm addicted. Which is a good thing. A very good thing.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Thank you PanamaBob

He introduced me this forum after my order w. the words: where you see many of my happy customers hats. And what people! And what a forum! What threads!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
my presence can also be blamed on Matt Deckard, who was on a mission to spread the word about FL and Classic Style Magazine to Art Deco Society of California members at the Preservation Ball in SF this spring. and who accidentally left a boxfull of said magazines in the trunk of my Prius; which i eventually passed along to their proper destination, but along the way ended up showing and promoting to a handful of my vintage-minded or style-conscious friends who were all very interested by it and a few of whom i believe might even read the posts here now.
(...though for many the email address requirement can be a huge deterrent, which is what i keep hearing from my friends who i try to encourage to post here.)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Also a yahoo search on Fedoras...

Picked up a Bee Brand brown fedora at a civil war reenactment here in Fla.
Wanted to find out more about it and the brand name...Still haven't been able to determine a lot about the Bee company, but I have learned a lot about fedoras...and my need for more!
Colby Jack

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
First it was a google search for pin curls...FL showed in the results.
Then a google search for vintage sewing...FL showed in the results.
I was beginning to think google was trying to tell me something.
This went on for months before I joined.
Then...whenever I was looking for info I would go to google and type in "Fedora Lounge"...and whatever it was that I was looking for.

So I joined last night...and I just discovered that I need a few more posts before I can start viewing profiles, PM and checking out the calendar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot