Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the lounge?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
doghouse riley said:
I found it on Retro Radar a year or so ago. I past it on to several other folks in the DFW area. Ironically, I just joined this week. Cheers.

Welcome! Glad you've decided to join in the fun.

GOK

One Too Many
I think like a lot of the other ladies here, I'd just run a google search for vintage hairstyles or somesuch. Browsed around and joined up. That was ages ago. I lurked around quite a bit to get the feel of the place, then became incredibly busy and forgot all about it! By the time I remembered, I'd not only forgotten my details but had changed my email address too. So I rejoined in October and jumped right in.

I'm so glad I did - I've already made some very lovely friends here and it's great to see some other chums from elsewhere here too. I've learned a fair bit too. :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I was searching for a very cheap fedora for my baby brother's prom. He wanted a zoot zuit and the whole bit. I got his entire ensemble including the shoes for about $100. He was able to wear it to all the dances.

I ended up getting a chintzy felt costume hat for like 5 bucks, but I did make a new band for it and added the feather. I made his girlfriend get real roses for her hair but she wouldn't let me do a more retro do, [huh] , still I think they look great!
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ohairas/album/576460762343350896#page1

But I was so glad I stumbled in here because it's right up my ally! It is great to converse with people you have a lot in common with and as GOK said, I'm learning so much!

Nikki

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I was covertly approached while at University...

One of the lecturers mentioned that I seemed the kind of chap who cared about his country and duty and honour....and there was an organisation that could do with good men like me, but to keep it under my hat.

I cannot tell you anything more beyond that...otherwise...

I'd have to shoot you!:cool2:

Travis

Suspended
I saw an ad in issue one of Classic Style magazine. I loved the magazine so much I read it cover to cover twice the day I bought it, the next day I subscribed for 2 years and joined the Lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot