Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

Over the weekend in NYC I saw about a dozen top shelf fedoras of several colors (not all black) while parked and waiting on 70th St. It was Saturday morning, though... Nu?!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
HAH!

Can't we get some little hats for the birds?
e10d8a53dedab4c5cfcf3dd95e9577f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I sometimes see women in the supermarket or whatever with those Target special wool $10.99 things on their heads
... and the occasional 20 something with a Pac Sun cloth trilby thing

but almost never a proper fedora around where I live

I do spend quite a bit of time in NYC for work and see plenty of very nice hats worn in all sorts of interesting ways

none today though ... other than in the mirror

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
in austria you are lucky if you see one fedora per week :(

Hmmm. Not my experience. I live in Vienna and commute on the U-Bahn every day. Usually I see one or two. And maybe some caps and some traditional Austrian headgear.
Today, however, was perfect hat weather: cool, drizzly. I expected to see a bunch. I saw one.

miket5r

A-List Customer
Hmmm. Not my experience. I live in Vienna and commute on the U-Bahn every day. Usually I see one or two. And maybe some caps and some traditional Austrian headgear.
Today, however, was perfect hat weather: cool, drizzly. I expected to see a bunch. I saw one.

Hi Tom

Right, today i saw in vienna 3 or more hats, it was cold and rainy, without mine :)

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Went in to downtown Seattle....man, I saw quite a few....There were a number of street musicians and almost all of them were wearing either porkpies or nice fur felt fedoras...Other than that I saw one guy with a leather fedora and a few young hipster looking cats in Gorrin Bros looking stingy brims....And I guess maybe 5 or 6 regular guys in Tan or dark Brown Borsalino looking fedoras with brims from 2" to 2 1/2"....

When I first got downtown I started thinking I needed to count so I could post here but then it got so Natural....It seems that a few street type people here wear fedoras aswell....I guess its the weather....But I did notice more than a few of these folks made direct eye contact and nodded....I guess it's a hat thing...I hope it's a sign of things to come....

And oh yeah...the ladies in the Dept store fabric trilbys were out in full force...}8^))
But it was rainy and a bit windy...I was wearing my Lock & Co fur felt trilby...I love my Lock but when I see so many of these Dept store trilbys it make me want a larger crown hat ...just because...lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points