Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I AM seeing an increasing number, even if they are of the Mall woolie/outback variety or, ew, a Goorin (sp?).

But anyone w/ a hat I speak to, I refer here, youbetcha'!

I saw TWO within 90 seconds in the town where I live today. A gentleman of a certain age with a stingy brim (but real) felt from the 70's crossed in front of me at a stop sign. Then just a few seconds down the street another guy with a "legitimate" fedora crossed in the other direction at the next stop sign. Then I looked in the rearview mirror, and saw another one... mine.

We're ahead of the crowd around here!

Lotsahats

One Too Many
My own, of course, but one other fedora today. The gentleman's hat was a black fedora with a thin band; I'll have to ask if it's anything special.

I AM seeing an increasing number, even if they are of the Mall woolie/outback variety or, ew, a Goorin (sp?).

But anyone w/ a hat I speak to, I refer here, youbetcha'!

The more movies are made with characters wearing fedoras, the more fedoras we will see being worn by the general public.
I actual enjoy seeing younger gentleman wearing a modern fedora as opposed to the backward worn baseball cap.
Recently I have met a couple younger gentleman while out and about and they seemed very interested in learning about vintage fedoras.
I have passed out FL web site to many younger modern wearing fedora fellows. I would hope they visited this site and I hope to see them out and about in a nice vintage fedora sometime soon. I gave them fair warning that onces one wears a vintage fur fedora they will be hooked forever. LOL
Wear On Gentleman. The Fedora Lives ON us ALL.
Best regards
CCJ

MCrider

A-List Customer
I was in Pittsburgh yesterday and saw four! I was wearing a short brimmed Stetson fedora. While out and about I saw a cloth stingy, then what looked like a fur felt black stingy, an Indiana Jones oilcloth that had been reshaped like a fedora (nice job by the way!) and finally a brown fedora that might have been wool from the coarser look to it. All in all a surprising hat day.

lecky

New in Town
I'm in central London at least once a week and often walk through Piccardilly Arcade and along Bond Street, and I almost never go without seeing someone else in a good hat, usually several people. Not rarely they are hats of great style and apparent quality, usually on older men of affluent outlook, but not only so. On Saturday I saw the most gorgeous brown vintage velour among them.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
My sisters boyfriend was wearing one today. I told him I appreciated the effort but he needed my help picking out his next hat because this one was from wal mart lol. So I measured him up and found him to be 61 cm so I will be on the lookout for a nice starter hat for the guy.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DATELINE: East Tennessee (not the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here)

Went antiquing (yeah, now a verb :rolleyes:) today & saw now fewer than six on both shopkeeps & patrons.
I made sure to compliment them all.
None vintage, all wool, I think, but ya' gotta start somewhere!

We be in front of the curve, ya'll. :cool:

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
I haven't seen any today but over the weekend and into Monday I've seen a total of 4, not including mine.

On Saturday, a church ministry I'm part of had our Christmas party. I wore my Peter Bros. long hair, cowboy hat converted to fedora. To one of my mentors (whose birthday was this weekend too) I gave a vintage Open Road clone from Roberts Hats in Abilene. To another mentor I gave an Indy-like fedora (wool) that I picked up at Paris Hats in San Antonio.

The one who received the wool fedora put the hat on right away and I haven't seen him without yet. He wore it the rest of the party, then to church on Sunday, then to our ministry event on Monday. I think we've made another convert.

Another friend of mine who was at the party (but doesn't quite rate high enough to receive a hat) wanted to join the fun and wore a stingy brim, and I mean STINGY, maybe 1 inch, fedora like, corduroy thing. He said it came from China. I grinned and said "I hear the best hats are made in China." He smiled.

Hopefully there's a good group for liars like me to join at church.

DNO

One Too Many
I customarily spot 2 or 3 a day but they are usually wool felt and often misshapen. On Sunday, however, I spotted several decent hats being worn at the St. Lawrence antique market: a couple of fur felt stingies, a nice quality broader brim black fedora, and a somewhat battered top hat (being worn by a hipster-type customer, not a vendor).

slc

Familiar Face
Besides the one on my head or the collection in my closet, ... zero. Once in a while I'll see an old gentleman in a nice hat around town; other than that, the only fedora I'll see is one of those black fabric stingies on a Goth teenager. I'm much more likely to see a western hat in this east Texas town of about 10000.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
I´ve been on the Hamburg christmas market with a friend from the UK yesterday. For some strange reason there were several booth selling hats and caps. The hat seems to be coming back to the german streets very slowly, at least in the winter time. Unfortunately the Australian bush hat style seems to be the only one people recognize and wear these days. I have seen countless (mostly older) guys wearing these wool felt hats with leather hat bands. Too bad, but well, it´s a start! [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner