Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

My wife and I were out to eat last night in an Amish style restaurant nearby. There was a fedora on the coat rack, and an older gentleman was wearing a well-used fedora with his leather jacket. The hat looked like it could have been very nice at one time, but from long wear was pretty beat up looking. It looked good on him, though.

tealseal

A-List Customer
In Santa Fe hats seem to be thriving. I've seen many, from wool to high quality fur in both fedora and western styles. A popular choice seems to be a fedora crown with the turndown brim.
Some hope has been restored!

DiverAdam

Familiar Face
In my small town of less than a thousand I actually seen a older gentleman wearing a fedora at the Post Office this morning. It was quite a pleasant surprise

I saw 1 older fedora and I was wearing a dodds homburg. I received some interesting stares. But it was all good.

Best regards and Merry Christmas.

CCJ

Hi All

I saw some young folks sporting there new stingys for New Years. Two gentleman and one lady.
I also received this comment from a young man at the check out in the local deli. He simply said " Sick Hat man" I guess he was complimentating me and my wide brim Adam fedora.?
Best regards
CCJ

Hi All

I saw some young folks sporting there new stingys for New Years. Two gentleman and one lady.
I also received this comment from a young man at the check out in the local deli. He simply said " Sick Hat man" I guess he was complimentating me and my wide brim Adam fedora.?
Best regards
CCJ

Wow! If he said your hat was sick, that's GOOD. The only higher compliment might be if he said it was nasty! Good for you, CCJ, as you have arrived!!

I live in a very diverse, urban-influenced community were my kids and their friends have kept us on the cutting edge (Err... maybe crumbling edge?) of current "yoot" vernacular. You were paid a genuine compliment, whether it seemed it or not!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I saw WAY too many fedoras today... all in my basement.

Believe it or not, I was actually trying to separate into sections with intent to downsize (mostly because there is always another hat to pine for), and I tried to pick two dozen or so that I really didn't want to part with. It didn't go well, but here's a shot from the first tier, in process.

014miq.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Downsizing eh? That's hard. I hope I don't have to experience that for a long time! I do like the one that is on the bottom in the back (the purple? one). Very neat little group there though!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
yeah, very tough. all the hats I do want to part with are flawed or altered in some way, even if not irreparable... you'll probably see them on ebay before long, if I don't end up donating them.

That purple one is my black cherry lord's hat made by Parker at Falcon Park Hattery.

MissMittens

One Too Many
I saw WAY too many fedoras today... all in my basement.

Believe it or not, I was actually trying to separate into sections with intent to downsize (mostly because there is always another hat to pine for), and I tried to pick two dozen or so that I really didn't want to part with. It didn't go well, but here's a shot from the first tier, in process.

014miq.jpg

Very nice collection :)

Fulton

New in Town
No classic fedoras here (except in the mirror). But I do see bowlers around. I suspect that is a steampunk thing (based in part on the accompanying attire). I figure that top hats would be more true, but it would take a LOT of chutzpah to wear a top hat on the streets of NH.

MissMittens

One Too Many
No classic fedoras here (except in the mirror). But I do see bowlers around. I suspect that is a steampunk thing (based in part on the accompanying attire). I figure that top hats would be more true, but it would take a LOT of chutzpah to wear a top hat on the streets of NH.

I wore a topper at New Years.....but unless going to an event where there's "safety in numbers", there's no way I'd wear one to, say, a movie premier, opera, etc.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Saw one last night at a Barnes & Noble. At a distance the guy's fedora looked black, with a moderate brim, but when I caught a closer look later, the fedora looked sort of olive-brown, with a dark wide ribbon. I didn't get a chance to ask him what brand it was.

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
i saw a person walking through the halls at school with a trilby (walmart product) wouldnt consider it a "fedora". and a man at the mall with a dobbs, big giveaway was the pin on the side of the ribbon. good to see the style of the hat at my school is still alive.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw one today as I was driving by a tire shop. It was on a tall older man. Looked like a 2" brim. From what I could tell it looked fairly nice.

RBH

Bartender
I saw two young fellows in the mall wearing the common modern cloth fedora.
Both were wearing vest. One young man had a bow tie.
I saw them about 2 hours apart, so I know they were not together.
Tell the truth .... the cloth hats really looked nice on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot