Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many hats do you have?

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Ok everybody, after purusing this site for awhile and drooling over all the great hats a question came to mind. How many hats do you people own? I have 5 and feel that that is not enough but budget dictates otherwise. In your answer would you please post pics of said hats and if that is not possible than how about your top 3.

RJR

Ok everybody, after purusing this site for awhile and drooling over all the great hats a question came to mind. How many hats do you people own? I have 5 and feel that that is not enough but budget dictates otherwise. In your answer would you please post pics of said hats and if that is not possible than how about your top 3.
I'm afraid to count ;).

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have one hat on my head at this moment. ......Ding!

What did one hat say to another? You stay here, I'll go on a head! ......Ding!

Check out the referenced thread above. Several forum members count by 10's.

Wear the hats proudly, Eric -

daddyOdO, log out of the FL, never to return. I hooked onto this joint less than two years ago to follow the cowboy boot thread and had one fedora. Now the hat numbers are approaching the boot numbers. Hell, I've even sold off boots to buy hats, I'm embarrassed to say. This place does something to you. :cool:

This site is not the creator of my "habit" but it very definitely plays a huge role in enabling it. I was content with the hats I had until I saw the gorgeous hats of the Loungers.....never realized what I did not have and what I was missing......I am now at 30 or so and try as I might have not managed to stop the accumulation.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Not gonna post all the hats in our home...takes too long. But you can find when the "hat bug" bites you, you will be constantly thinking about Fedora hats....vintage shoes.....suits...ties....what ever it is you wear with a Fedora. You will be doing nothing at all and then think, you may be missing a hat deal on Etsy or eBay...or maybe some hat website has a sale going on..or someone here is selling a hat at a bargain price. The hunt seems to consume you. You will maybe pile some mashed potato on a plate...and see if you can shape it like a Fedora....or you go cut your lawn with your mower and "cut" a Fedora out in the grass....or maybe none of these things but crave another hat to find and own.

We already know our personal addictions to it all. It just never goes away. And we LOVE IT!

Harry Fabian

One of the Regulars
So I'm going through all my fedora's and I think I just have too many. I only wear a few of them but they're all my size. I can't pass up a 7 3/8 fedora. So I'm thinking of about selling 75% of them. I'll keep maybe 4 that I love. Is there still a market for them? they're all different manufactures, but all the same size (although it varies with the brand). What does a good vintage fedora go for these days?
IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG

I’m a couple sizes larger so I don’t have any skin in the game. You can list them on eBay and see what the market is. Often, however, it’s better to list them here in the Lounge’s classifieds as you hit your target audience and you don’t have to pay the ebay fees. Most of us here also understand that vintage hats are rarely perfect so we’re less likely to ask for a refund and turn the hat for a little foxing or a divot behind the sweatband. If you don’t get your price here (auctions are not allowed in the classifieds), you can always list them on eBay.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
This is probably not the place to ask about "too many hats." There's a horrible bunch of enablers around here. :p
That said, I've got all the hats I 'need,' so at least one to match any outfit. Nontheless, I always find myself looking at a few just for fun. Like a pork pie. I've never gotten around to one of those, but I really want one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko