How many hats do you have?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by daddy0d0, Jul 3, 2016.

1. daddy0d0

daddy0d0 A-List Customer

Ok everybody, after purusing this site for awhile and drooling over all the great hats a question came to mind. How many hats do you people own? I have 5 and feel that that is not enough but budget dictates otherwise. In your answer would you please post pics of said hats and if that is not possible than how about your top 3.

2. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Bob Roberts likes this.
  3. RJR

RJR

I'm afraid to count ;).

4. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

I have one hat on my head at this moment. ......Ding!

What did one hat say to another? You stay here, I'll go on a head! ......Ding!

Check out the referenced thread above. Several forum members count by 10's.

Wear the hats proudly, Eric -

Bob Roberts likes this.
  5. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

I dont dare say how few I own...

Eliesti likes this.
  6. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

daddyOdO, log out of the FL, never to return. I hooked onto this joint less than two years ago to follow the cowboy boot thread and had one fedora. Now the hat numbers are approaching the boot numbers. Hell, I've even sold off boots to buy hats, I'm embarrassed to say. This place does something to you. :cool:

Bob Roberts, Frunobulax and moehawk like this.
  7. moehawk

moehawk I'll Lock Up

Yes, it does. It fills your head and your house with awesome hats!

Bob Roberts, Frunobulax and Bamaboots like this.
  8. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

This site is not the creator of my "habit" but it very definitely plays a huge role in enabling it. I was content with the hats I had until I saw the gorgeous hats of the Loungers.....never realized what I did not have and what I was missing......I am now at 30 or so and try as I might have not managed to stop the accumulation.

Bob Roberts likes this.
  9. LuvMyMan

LuvMyMan I’ll Lock Up.

Not gonna post all the hats in our home...takes too long. But you can find when the "hat bug" bites you, you will be constantly thinking about Fedora hats....vintage shoes.....suits...ties....what ever it is you wear with a Fedora. You will be doing nothing at all and then think, you may be missing a hat deal on Etsy or eBay...or maybe some hat website has a sale going on..or someone here is selling a hat at a bargain price. The hunt seems to consume you. You will maybe pile some mashed potato on a plate...and see if you can shape it like a Fedora....or you go cut your lawn with your mower and "cut" a Fedora out in the grass....or maybe none of these things but crave another hat to find and own.

We already know our personal addictions to it all. It just never goes away. And we LOVE IT!

Frunobulax, Eliesti and Bob Roberts like this.
  10. Harry Fabian

Harry Fabian Familiar Face

So I'm going through all my fedora's and I think I just have too many. I only wear a few of them but they're all my size. I can't pass up a 7 3/8 fedora. So I'm thinking of about selling 75% of them. I'll keep maybe 4 that I love. Is there still a market for them? they're all different manufactures, but all the same size (although it varies with the brand). What does a good vintage fedora go for these days?
    IMG_1486.JPG IMG_1485.JPG IMG_1484.JPG IMG_1483.JPG IMG_1482.JPG

Redfokker, M Hatman, steur and 3 others like this.
  11. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

Sure, there's a market.
    I see two or three there that I would like to stick on my fat head.
    Prices are all over the map so check eBay and see what they're going for and hope for the best, I suppose.

Redfokker, M Hatman and Harry Fabian like this.
  12. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Too many hats, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

hatsRme, Redfokker, M Hatman and 12 others like this.
  13. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

The good news is that your 7 3/8 sized head is in the wheel house. Much depends on the brand, brim width, vintage, condition and the only true way of determining the market is to put it out there. My perception is that with this pandemic the market for many things is suppressed. But the only way to find out is to test the market.

14. I’m a couple sizes larger so I don’t have any skin in the game. You can list them on eBay and see what the market is. Often, however, it’s better to list them here in the Lounge’s classifieds as you hit your target audience and you don’t have to pay the ebay fees. Most of us here also understand that vintage hats are rarely perfect so we’re less likely to ask for a refund and turn the hat for a little foxing or a divot behind the sweatband. If you don’t get your price here (auctions are not allowed in the classifieds), you can always list them on eBay.

Redfokker, M Hatman and Zombie_61 like this.
  15. markhassler

markhassler Familiar Face

I feel ya' brother,by the by,original boxes!!!!?..... you the man,you animal !!!!!!!.( super jelly)..Mark.

Redfokker, M Hatman and Harry Fabian like this.
  16. Spats McGee

Spats McGee One Too Many

This is probably not the place to ask about "too many hats." There's a horrible bunch of enablers around here. :p
    That said, I've got all the hats I 'need,' so at least one to match any outfit. Nontheless, I always find myself looking at a few just for fun. Like a pork pie. I've never gotten around to one of those, but I really want one.

Redfokker, M Hatman and steur like this.
  17. glider

glider One of the Regulars

There are a lot worse things you could blow money on !

Redfokker, belfastboy and Zombie_61 like this.
  18. Pellie

Pellie A-List Customer

You can sell them here on the lounge in 'classifieds', that's the best market i suppose! :D

Edit: i saw Brent mentioned this before :)

Redfokker and M Hatman like this.
  19. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

One way to look at hats is they don't eat much.
    That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

20. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I tell my wife..."I have many hats....but just one wife." It seems to placate her.