Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

They actually have gussets in the shoulders too.

I just measured an M:

Pit to pit: 23.5”
Back length: 27.5”
Front length: 23.5”
Bottom hem: 20.5”
Shoulders: 20.5”
Arms length: 25.5”

It definitely has a pretty tight bottom hem and pretty wide shoulders compared to the chest.
Its really not the most flattering, but it disappears when you wear it for physical work.
Got mine. The fit is laughable. It's actually good thru the body. It's a long tho and the sleeves are quite long. I'll post some pics. I think I have pants with more narrow "sleeves". For sure I'll cover the embroidery and just beat the Holy Hell out of this thing.

I was strutting around the house this evening, peacocking my new Detroit, when my wife, God bless her (she's good at what she does) proclaimed that "within a years time you went from pervert cop... to the cable guy".
I'll be looking for a fringed number next so that my Village People tour is complete.
IMG_0212.GIF

Edward

Bartender
They actually have gussets in the shoulders too.

I just measured an M:

Pit to pit: 23.5”
Back length: 27.5”
Front length: 23.5”
Bottom hem: 20.5”
Shoulders: 20.5”
Arms length: 25.5”

It definitely has a pretty tight bottom hem and pretty wide shoulders compared to the chest.
Its really not the most flattering, but it disappears when you wear it for physical work.

Shoulder width aside, it's not terribly far away from a 30s halfbelt in proportion. (My Dustbowl 44 is 48 round the chest and 42 at the hem, if memory serves.)

I really think the regular version would be a much better fit. This is a medium long. I think I could even probably wear a small in this pattern. The shoulders and chest are indeed ample and the sleeves are wide enough to damn near sleep in. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it tho. I'll continue to hunt for a better fitting version. For $24 I suppose it's well worth the fit lesson. It's a real shame there's not a place to try these on. These seem quite common and popular in Carhartts line...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I really think the regular version would be a much better fit. This is a medium long. I think I could even probably wear a small in this pattern. The shoulders and chest are indeed ample and the sleeves are wide enough to damn near sleep in. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it tho. I'll continue to hunt for a better fitting version. For $24 I suppose it's well worth the fit lesson. It's a real shame there's not a place to try these on. These seem quite common and popular in Carhartts line...
View attachment 132143
View attachment 132144
View attachment 132145
View attachment 132146

Looks great, Ton. I had to order mine from the USA and worked out with some research that many of their jackets fit differently. In the Detroit I wear a medium long. Some of them, like the longer C61 Ridge Coat, I wear as a large regular. Unfortunately there is nothing really like Carhartt made in Australia. Our work wear companies are very limited. Duck cotton is virtually unknown here.

View attachment 132143
View attachment 132144
View attachment 132145
View attachment 132146

Sleeves are a bit wide but otherwise, I'd say it fits as good as it gets. The Long version really is long, though... But it's a damn cool looking jacket in any case. Is it heavy?

It's not heavy but it's very warm. Certainly a quality work wear piece. Absolutely no restriction in movement. Could take full swings with a sledge hammer all day without the jacket impeding movement at all. I suspect it'll see tons of wear this winter. I can easily layer under it. I'll be keeping my eyes open for a medium reg, maybe in classic Carhartt brown.
As far as the size goes it's a pretty massive medium. 20.5" across shoulders, 24.5" chest and right around 20.5" at the hem. The long measures 27" sleeve and body.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 132143
View attachment 132144
View attachment 132145
View attachment 132146
Do they not have that version at the Carhart store on Milwaukee (across from Schott) to try on?

It's not heavy but it's very warm. Certainly a quality work wear piece. Absolutely no restriction in movement. Could take full swings with a sledge hammer all day without the jacket impeding movement at all. I suspect it'll see tons of wear this winter. I can easily layer under it. I'll be keeping my eyes open for a medium reg, maybe in classic Carhartt brown.
As far as the size goes it's a pretty massive medium. 20.5" across shoulders, 24.5" chest and right around 20.5" at the hem. The long measures 27" sleeve and body.

Now I want one even more... Good to hear it's this comfortable. I could definitely use one at work. I think M should work for me, too. But this one fits you really nice, in any case!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner