Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Hh121

Banned
Lol! I can't tell whether you post comments like this tongue in cheek, or as some form of machismo, or if you genuinely believe that a 1-1.4mm jacket weighing five pounds is "paper thin."

no, I am not trying to be pretentious. It is a paper thin jacket for me, but I don't mind wearing it.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
"Paper thin" can only be the exaggerated language of someone with a disproportionate preoccupation with ultra heavy leather. No one gets hurt, I guess... although I would if I tried to wear it. I don't even like heavy cotton shirts. :p

I'll wear the holy Hell out of a 5lb jacket that fits like that. It's on man. I want that sucker. That is just a marvel of simplicity and it's all the more beautiful for it. Seriously this is my favorite jacket posted around here in a really long time. Was a little worried about Vanson before but those fears have been absolutely abated.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As a few people have guessed, from the Classifieds, this beauty is headed my way....

s-l1600.jpg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I think willyto meant that heavy leather feels like armour, but not in a good way. More like something cumbersome and outmoded, a burden, not a joy. At least that's how the stuff feels to me. :D

I agree it can be uncomfortable past a certain point, I agree, but it really depends on cut of the jacket too. My Vanson Dakota is a very heavy piece but it is cut so well that I barely notice the weight on my shoulders. Same for my JL bison car coat in 3.75oz. Great cut and the leather is very supple, no surface tension at all and it feels like a much lighter jacket when wearing. I only feel the weight when I hold it up in my hands, not when it's on my shoulders.

Professor100

New in Town
Regarding the weight of the jacket while wearing it versus holding it, I had the same experience with my recently sold CXL FQHH half belt deluxe. It felt fine wearing it because the action back made movement easy. I only felt the weight when I wasn't wearing it. The thing for me is that I'm (trying to be) a one jacket guy and I want to be able to take my leather jackets traveling. I could never reasonable pack the half belt deluxe, without making luggage insanely heavy (I'm also a one bag while traveling, kind of guy). So it's a continuing quest to find a good looking, reasonably light, but hardy jacket I can do everything in. Right now I'm in talks with Alan from Johnson Leather for a M200L in one of their "lighter" leathers.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Regarding the weight of the jacket while wearing it versus holding it, I had the same experience with my recently sold CXL FQHH half belt deluxe. It felt fine wearing it because the action back made movement easy. I only felt the weight when I wasn't wearing it. The thing for me is that I'm (trying to be) a one jacket guy and I want to be able to take my leather jackets traveling. I could never reasonable pack the half belt deluxe, without making luggage insanely heavy (I'm also a one bag while traveling, kind of guy). So it's a continuing quest to find a good looking, reasonably light, but hardy jacket I can do everything in. Right now I'm in talks with Alan from Johnson Leather for a M200L in one of their "lighter" leathers.

Goatskin would be my choice for only one all purpose jacket. I believe JL has some nice goat available.

pak

One of the Regulars
"Paper thin" can only be the exaggerated language of someone with a disproportionate preoccupation with ultra heavy leather. No one gets hurt, I guess... although I would if I tried to wear it. I don't even like heavy cotton shirts. :p

I like the look of leather but prefer the weight of fleece and down.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ