Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Yes I know. Its a common misunderstanding to think it is a river in Egypt, but as we know, denial flows through several african countries before reaching Egypt, so its more of an african river than egyptian river. [emoji12]
Is the navy blue suburban the jewel of denial then?
IMG_1594.JPG

LW is too big. It's a marvelous jacket tho. I forgot how Stu's HH felt. Thick and stiff. This jacket is literally brand new. I'll post up some pics tomorrow but this jacket is off to the classifieds/ ebay. Ah well. Nothing ventured/ nothing gained.

I was thinking a LW size 48 would be way, way too big. It certainly isn’t that. Not bad actually. How’s the back? Feel? Beautiful jacket.

Problem area is the waist. Shoulders and chest are good but waist is way too big. Even with belt pulled all the way in. I measured myself b/c I want to get the mercury right. Chest is 46" and waist is 33". The stock pattern on this jacket just won't do. If this was tapered like my HB down two sizes it would would be perfect. I listed it on the bay already. Need the Vanson Merc

That merc is a stunner. You consider the Oxford? Seems closer in the details to this LW.
I did after you mentioned it. Thing is the simplicity of the Merc is just amazing to me. That jacket is all about the cut. Oxford is cool tho, collar looks different from the enfield and the quilt liner is a bonus. Bottom line is I need some Vanson back over here.

I was thinking a LW size 48 would be way, way too big. It certainly isn’t that. Not bad actually. How’s the back? Feel? Beautiful jacket.
Back is huge. If I could pull the belt in another 1" I think I could live with it tho. I really love this jacket but I suspect I'd need to go full custom on it. This one is def built for a bigger man than myself but man it is nice. I actually like the liner more than anything else. The flight nylon is such a cool idea.
IMG_1686.JPG

Yeah, HH’s Merc was really an eye-opener. Definitely a cool, and yes, simple and clean answer to other Vanson jackets. If I hadn’t just gone all Jejupe and purchased the LW, SB and others lately, it would be in the running.

Back is huge. If I could pull the belt in another 1" I think I could live with it tho. I really love this jacket but I suspect I'd need to go full custom on it. This one is def built for a bigger man than myself but man it is nice. I actually like the liner more than anything else. The flight nylon is such a cool idea.
View attachment 137054

Yeah, a slight taper would change everything. Or a size 46, maybe even a 44. Though LWs don’t seem to taper OTR as much as Vanson, Bates, etc.

Jejupe

Practically Family
View attachment 137054

All you need is bit of a beer belly and the jacket would be perfect for you!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 137054

Yeah... I don't think the pattern works for someone in as good condition as you... Isn't the ryder more tapered?
Otherwise the J-23 would certainly fit you perfectly... you know you want it :D

Yeah... I don't think the pattern works for someone in as good condition as you... Isn't the ryder more tapered?
Otherwise the J-23 would certainly fit you perfectly... you know you want it :D
This one is certainly a different pattern than the j-23. I had one of those and it fit really well. If I went full boat on a Ryder I'd have to have him drop the waist. It's interesting but the last hole for adjustment in the half belt is really only about 1/2 way to fully cinched. It's a beauty just needs to be worn by a larger fellow than myself!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
053DB3C7-21AF-4FFB-8451-C5883675AA54.jpeg
2654FB05-BAB0-4CC2-A8F6-CCBC3F2F12BE.jpeg
Greetings All:
Question...
Anybody ever bought one of these?
Are they knockoffs of a real Bucco or are they a made in Spain Bucco?
What can you all tell me about them?
Thanks. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner